I know about Cobbs but what about Carter?

North Country

Reaction score
Per this tweet from Marcus: Wonder who won't be back next season from the underclassmen for the Gophers. Are Paul Carter and Justin Cobbs possible departures???

What's the word on Paul Carter possibly leaving? I was/am hoping he could step into Damian's spot in the starting lineup last year. Like the rest of the team he's been inconsistent but definitely showed some signs this year. Hopefully he sticks around.

Trevor gets damiens lineup spot. hands down.

heres the two lineups for next year depending on CJ

cj/al,dj,trevor, ralph, hoff

dj taking over for westy and trevor in for damien

What is Marcus's twitter? I googled it and the last tweet from him was about Onwuachi getting injured in fall practice (FB post). Unless Paul Carter left to be closer to his sister, I doubt he would leave with one year of eligibility left.

If Colt continues his improvement and Ralph continues to play so meekly, I don't see why Iverson shouldn't be considered for the start at C.

Carter is a fourth-year junior. If he transfered, he'd sit out next year and then be out of eligibility to play the year after (I think). He used his redshirt as a freshman JUCO player, IIRC. So, if he transfers, he'd have to go Division II. I doubt he does that.

Good player, nice guy, I was also hoping he would slide into DJ's position next season. I don't see him as a starter or 25+mpg guy, my bet would be he has a similar to this season off the bench. Not many people transfer our for their senior season... Marcus tweets some strange stuff.

Trevor gets damiens lineup spot. hands down.

heres the two lineups for next year depending on CJ

cj/al,dj,trevor, ralph, hoff

dj taking over for westy and trevor in for damien

I am not so sure that it will be a three guard lineup. I am also not so sure that Hoff will start ahead of Joseph.

I Think Gophers Start 2 F, 1 C, 2 G Next Year

The 3 G lineup was necessity this year.

I'll admit that I've spent quite a bit of time think about next year's starting lineup. Having said that, I'll also admit that it's probably wasted time as we're not sure which pieces will be added (C. Joseph, Trevor, White) and we know that Tubby is going to continue to use all of his players. If we can get C. Joseph, and either Trevor or Royce, we should be set to contend for the B10 title and go deeper in the NCAA tourney next year. I'm also intrigued about using Iverson and Sampson on the floor at the same time next year and I think that will happen also. Although Ralph didn't play well vs. Xavier, both he and Iverson improved from last year and over the course of this year. If they continue to improve and we can get a point guard and a true power forward, we're set and possibly look at a deep NCAA run the year after next. For a guy that was starting earlier in the year, there's not much talk about Rodney's role next year. His time will probably come the year after next when Hoff, Carter and Nolen are gone.

Whatever moves that are made, we better add some more talent. I would love to see Trevor, Royse and Corey Joseph join the mix. I would be shocked if all three happen, expect at least one of the three.

leaders

we need to replace a team leader in DJ, and Carter has been noted as both a team leader and inspirational and Tubby will demand that in a starter and will start PC. Trevor is unknown except for practice.

I wouldn't rule out Rodney to fill Damian's shoes. If you consider how far DJ came in his career, I would think Rodney's progression would let him sit out top on the 1-3-1 zone and be a disruptive force with his quickness, reach, and hops.

I thought Carter deserved a little more playing time than he got this year. He doesn't really have a better option than playing for us at this point in his college career, even if he doesn't play much.

I have never heard Carter's name come up when talking about the potential transfers and he was not one of the kids considering it when it was being talked about a month ago. Cobbs is obviously and I think from the recent articles that it's also no secret that Colt was as well although I think that one is dead now. I would think if Carter left, it would have everything to do with the sister and her illness and not Tubby and the team.

What is Marcus's twitter? I googled it and the last tweet from him was about Onwuachi getting injured in fall practice (FB post). Unless Paul Carter left to be closer to his sister, I doubt he would leave with one year of eligibility left.

Here you go:
http://twitter.com/GophersNow

I don't see anyway Paul Carter leaves because of bball - if he has family circumstances, I could see that, otherwise, there is no way. No reason to think he's anything but happy here.

I've heard Devoe, Colt, and Cobbs in the rumor mill, but never PC until this tweet.

GL

Here you go:
http://twitter.com/GophersNow

I don't see anyway Paul Carter leaves because of bball - if he has family circumstances, I could see that, otherwise, there is no way. No reason to think he's anything but happy here.

I've heard Devoe, Colt, and Cobbs in the rumor mill, but never PC until this tweet.

I certainly hope none of that rumour mill was recent.

That would make me :(

Top Bottom