for better or worse, souhan delivers the usual steaming pile of crap

I try to defend the media at times, as some here are a bit thin-skinned. That said, Souhan's last two columns are complete garbage. Nothing more can be said.

This is what you get from a guy who sees two games a year, thinks the coach is a manager, thinks the bench is a bullpen and uses Myron as his fountain of basketball knowledge. And with the Trib's financial limitations these days, I'll bet he slept on the wrong side of the bed at the Motel 6.

Was that really a quote by Westbrook? Classic. I'm going to miss that!!!

"I'd like to thank myself..." priceless!

With so many journalists being laid off, it's hard to believe these guys are still around.

I love how Myron always manages to incorporate gems like this... "Still, basketball is won and lost on points. And the Gophers couldn't produce enough to win." John Madden like. Lovely.

It just never ends with the geniuses at the Strib, does it?

Beyond him being negative and petty and snide, he's wrong. This is not some purgatorial plateau that the Gophers will now exist on. Anyone with any sense can see it takes time to build a winning program from scratch.

And just because all your dreams of writing for a larger market have faded, Mr. Souhan, don't attack those who could be anywhere but have actually chosen to be in Mpls.

'Later, he added: "Everything is not measured in wins and losses and how far you go in the tournament. It's about doing things the right way."

Actually, it's about wins and losses and how far you go in the tournament.'

Actually, we already saw what happens when it's ALL about wins and losses and how far you go in the tournament. Turns out they take away all your wins, and any evidence you were ever in the tournament. This is a juvenile point from Souhan in the first place. I can't imagine how he writes that given the history of this program. Unbelievable.

Today's articles by Marcus Fuller and Tom Powers of the Pioneer Press give a much better prospective on everything...this season, next season, the Auburn rumors, etc. IMO, Fuller does a better job than Myron. I think Myron is stuck somewhere between being a columnist and a beat writer and that's not good, because we never know which hat he's wearing when he comments. Marcus does the same, but he seems to be better at drawing the line. Just my opinion. (I don't want to run Myron out of town. I just want him to get better at what he does.)

Top Bottom