What an embarassment

EG#9

Reaction score
This was ANOTHER team we should have beat, and we're getting blown out. It would be nice if we didn't just give the game away, but that's exactly what we did...just like last week. This is the absolute worst case scenario for Brewster as his 7-1 start means absolutely nothing anymore. To have 3 home games remaining against beatable teams and to lose all 3 is absolutely disgusting.

I do want to give a shout out to the official who didn't make the personal foul call on the hit out of bounds on Jack Simmons on the Gophers first possession. It wouldn't tick me off so much except for the fact that the Gophers have been killed by that penalty all year long. Here was one on the opposition...and it wasn't called.

Can we find a center who can snap for next season please? Thank you

This was ANOTHER team we should have beat, and we're getting blown out. It would be nice if we didn't just give the game away, but that's exactly what we did...just like last week. This is the absolute worst case scenario for Brewster as his 7-1 start means absolutely nothing anymore. To have 3 home games remaining against beatable teams and to lose all 3 is absolutely disgusting.

I do want to give a shout out to the official who didn't make the personal foul call on the hit out of bounds on Jack Simmons on the Gophers first possession. It wouldn't tick me off so much except for the fact that the Gophers have been killed by that penalty all year long. Here was one on the opposition...and it wasn't called.

Can we find a center who can snap for next season please? Thank you

Yeah, Minnesota is down 41-0, at what point does that show that Iowa was a team Minnesota "should have beat"?

41-0 is an embarrassment. 41-0 with 3:30 to go in the 3rd quarter is BEYOND EMBARRASSMENT.

Worst game of the season BY FAR and I never saw it coming. Brewster has to look in the mirror and ask himself why his team never showed up to play. That's twice this year that the team simply has chosen to take a Saturday off.

Wow. Just wow. I've been Mr. Positive for the past 3 weeks, but this performance was inexcusable. We just got flat-out dominated...and it should NOT have happened. I expected to lose this game, but not like this. The Hawkeye flamers here will tell you that they're a vastly superior team and that they expected this to happen, but that's total BS. They're a good team, no doubt, but they're not 40 points better than us. What the hell happened? Well, I have a few ideas. Dumb penalties? Check. Impotent offense incapable of running the ball or protecting the QB? Absolutely. Slow LB's unable to move laterally, make a play in space, or defend the cutback? You betcha. Much, much more, but those are the "highlights."

The positive of going to a bowl is USUALLY that your young team gets a couple extra weeks of practice. Well, since we've been getting progressively worse over the past month, I"m not sure that's a good thing. All I can say is that the strength and conditioning program better be amazing...the JUCO's like Carpenter better be as good as advertised...and the recent recruits (and true freshmen) better be ready to contribute. What a way to end the season.

so we got or butts handed to us tonight, it shows we still have a lot to learn. I don't believe we are as bad as the 55-0 score shows. just shows we have a lot more talent to recruit.

Cmon EG, you are being ridiculous. Yes, this was a huge embarrassment. But please stop saying that Iowa is a team that we should beat. I believe you live in Iowa, we all know that you hate the Hawks as much as anyone. But Iowa has dominated us repeatedly the last few years. Saying that Iowa is a team we should beat is completely insane. They have a way better program than we do and its time for us to admit it.

I was at a friend's house watching the game with a bunch of iowa fans. Had to leave in the 3rd quarter because I was so embarrassed. I'm going to being hearing about this game for a long time.

I was going to say that this team quit for the first time this year, but they would have to show up first for me to say they quit. I don't think I was this embarrassed last year when we went 1-11. It's one thing to lose, but to play the way they did is inexcusable. It's almost like they played like they had nothing to play for. I don't understand it at all.

Embarrasing

This one was bad. I was expecting a loss but not of this magnitude. Given the youth of this team there was bound to be a big letdown after last week's tough loss. The offense could do nothing. The defense was worn out yet again. Iowa's is a good team, but they're not 55 points better.

Top Bottom