Good Season Gophers!

beowulftom

Reaction score
I know it's been a tumultuous year, and today was tough loss, BUT....

1. The Gophers kept fighting.
They could have easily packed it in but they turned it around near the end of the regular season and had a great run in the BTT. Losing to Xavier is nothing to be ashamed about.

2. Players emerged.
Colton Iverson should be our starting center and proved himself a force this year.
Devoe played well out of position, showed shot-making ability.
Cobbs, Carter, RSIII showed flashes.

We return a great core of players next year and conceivably could add some real talent.

I like this team.

Thought they pulled it together the last 1/3 of the year.

IMO, Colt, RSIII, Devoe, and RW (Williams) gives us some building blocks for the next couple of years.

Thought they pulled it together the last 1/3 of the year.

IMO, Colt, RSIII, Devoe, and RW (Williams) gives us some building blocks for the next couple of years.

true, forgot Williams. It'll be cool to see him get some playing time.

Would have been a solid season with one more win after Purdue. I didn't care if that win came in the Big Ten Championship game or the first round of the NCAA tournament. A win in either game would have represented a small step forward from 2008-2009. I can't say "good season" in any way other than how parents tell their kids that at the end of the tee ball season. This team lost more games where it was favored than it won while it was an underdog.

Hearhear, harhar.

Dissapointment now, but the gophers have many good days ahead. Great time to be a fan.

I know it's been a tumultuous year, and today was tough loss, BUT....

1. The Gophers kept fighting.
They could have easily packed it in but they turned it around near the end of the regular season and had a great run in the BTT. Losing to Xavier is nothing to be ashamed about.

2. Players emerged.
Colton Iverson should be our starting center and proved himself a force this year.
Devoe played well out of position, showed shot-making ability.
Cobbs, Carter, RSIII showed flashes.

We return a great core of players next year and conceivably could add some real talent.

I like this team.

+1

I'm looking forward to seeing Williams improve his handles so that he can go 1-on-1 with defenders. The only time I remember him doing that was against Purdue in the BTT where he almost (key word) threw that dunk down over 2 players. Getting Nolen back will be huge for our perimeter defense (which was horrible this year in terms of open 3-point looks) and adding Mbakwe as well as either White or Joseph would be huge. Sampson needs to be more aggressive like Iverson. Tends to play too soft.

We were just cold shooting, especially Hoff. And Jordan Crawford was flashy. We did not play that bad.

Good season-Considering. I wouldn't have taken this result on October 1st. I would have taken it anytime after December 2nd...

I think that there is a lot of potential for next season. Losing Westbrook, Johnson and Bostick is a bummer, but who knows what can happen next year with Nolan coming back and questionable Mbakwe and White returns. I think that RSIII and Iverson will continue to grow. Lots of potential.

Disappointing end, but as a fan, this season was as memorable as any. Enough tough losses to turn away some fans (see: this forum), but some huge wins and inspired basketball. I'm totally aghast at people who say they're unhappy with Tubby; not many coaches can deal with what we went through this year as effectively and gracefully as he did, and the fact that this team got into the Dance is a small miracle.

Congrats Gophers; we'll see you in the fall.

Congrats Gophers; we'll see you in the fall.

Gotta take the good with the bad...

They managed to salvage an almost disastrous season by handling Penn and Purdue, while gritting out a win over Michigan St in the Big Ten Tournament & made it to the dance.

Losing the last two games by a combined 40 points, the loss to Indiana and sweep from Michigan hurt.

I'm already looking forward to next season, although it will be a busy off season with Cory's choice, Royce still may re-enroll and Trevor's trial.

Top Bottom