Where are the Westie haters?

dboy

Banned
Reaction score
we lose by 20 w/o westie today.

so much for the 'genius' of tubby.. when it mattered, only LW had the kind of game to compete at this level..

doghouse/pouting/fistfights with Al Nolen, etc be damned.. he's the only real player we had.

so where have all the haters gone???

enjoy your crow in the offseason... jake, et al.

I don't think there are too many Westy haters. More like Westy "doubters". He has his flashes of brilliance (1st half) but also has some poor decision making (2nd half).

Not a Westbrook hater at all, but he was terrible in the 2nd half. He had several wild out of control possessions that ended badly and a HUGE miss of a WIDE OPEN 3 that should have made it a 4 point game with plenty of time to play.

so much for the 'genius' of tubby.. when it mattered, only LW had the kind of game to compete at this level..

doghouse/pouting/fistfights with Al Nolen, etc be damned.. he's the only real player we had.

Yes, those four second half points and 0-for-6 from the field were inspiring.

I can see the headline now...

Westbrook stunned after being left off of NCAA All-Tournament team.

I don't hate him, but one half of a game does not make a career. However, his time at Minnesota is done now and I wish him well in the future, and hopefully the gopher program will be able to survive and move on without him. Also, LW how did you get showered and changed so quick and on gopherhole so quick to post this.

I dont know him so would have no reason to hate him, but I am not a big LW fan. I like his attitude at times, and at times it seems selfish. He is a decent B10 player, capable of carrying a team for short stretches. If he had his skill set and was 6-6, he would be a stud, IMO...

Westbrooke missed a couple and Hoffarber missed a couple in key places that would have kept the Gophs in the game. When you don't make those shots you lose, nothing surprising about that.

Devoe had an average game, a little more production from him and things might have been different.

Crawford is tough, there was only one Big Ten player that has dominated like that.

Looks like Dboy is the only one eating crow around here...he just doesn't get it.
LW was anything but spectacular. Nice first half. Great players will put a team on their backs when it counts in the second half and in particular the end of the game. LW was well below average and did nothing to help the team when they needed him the most. Nothing new, nothing different.
I know he expects to play professionally somewhere. Maybe he can be a post player in the professional midget league (or whatever they call the league where you can't be over 6'2). Can you imagine the number of shots he would put up in that league??

LW got frustrated and went into F-U mode in the 2nd half. Great first half though.

Looks like Dboy is the only one eating crow around here...he just doesn't get it.
LW was anything but spectacular. Nice first half. Great players will put a team on their backs when it counts in the second half and in particular the end of the game. LW was well below average and did nothing to help the team when they needed him the most. Nothing new, nothing different.
I know he expects to play professionally somewhere. Maybe he can be a post player in the professional midget league (or whatever they call the league where you can't be over 6'2). Can you imagine the number of shots he would put up in that league??

i've never used the term 'great' for Westie...
but you haters have been ragging him all year... a 'cancer', etc, etc..

however,

'nice first half' only applies to one gopher today...

thanks for being my amen corner.

Horrible horrible post. Westbrook has not been great this year but that is no reason to insult him. He has had good games this year and I can remember a couple games last year against our biggest rivals where he single handedly won us the game.

Westie not hating Westie

Well, based on the post game news conference, we can be assured that Westbrook has no problem with Westbrook. They were just talking about it on KFAN, but his quote was something very close to this:

"I'd also like to thank myself".

I sure don't hate him. Don't "hate" anybody. That doesn't mean I have to swallow a truck load of malarkey about a player who has run hot and cold all season. On the whole, LW strikes me as more liability than asset. Good that he had a nice game today, but as alluded to by a previous poster, I'm certain he realizes it without the fans providing validation.

Well, based on the post game news conference, we can be assured that Westbrook has no problem with Westbrook. They were just talking about it on KFAN, but his quote was something very close to this:

"I'd also like to thank myself".

It's not that bad....

"I'd just like to thank coach and the coaching staff and all my teammates for a great four years. Me, myself, personally, I like to thank myself for sticking through it. I've been through a lot here. This is a lot of good times. And there's just as many bad times as well with distractions or other people saying stuff, when you read stuff and the paper and other stuff. I think a lot of people probably would have broke down, but I just like to thank my family and just thank God that I stuck with it and I never let anybody break my spirit.

Here I am <b>baller</b>. But, like most everyone on this board, I certainly don't "hate" LW. I've said all year, if this team is to make any noise, that we need him to be one of our best players. He can take over a game (for short periods) and finish around the rim and hit free throws. But he can also go into FU mode, pout, call out teammates, etc.

He's a decent player. He's not exceptionally skilled. He's average at best, with spurts of greatness (no pun intended). But he's mistake prone and has attitude and delusion issues.

We will be better without him, I truly believe that. He did not improve this year, and may have even regressed. I take no satisfaction in this. I wish he had been great.

Lawrence kept us in the first half, and cost us the second half. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. That summarizes his season.

Top Bottom