13 years and counting....

NewNoise

Banned
Reaction score
But hey, it could be worse....we could be Northwestern

1. Is there any difference between Dan Monson's offense and Tubby Smiths? Pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock expires.

2. Ralph Sampson III will never be a good player. He doesn't have "it" So anyone holding out hope he will improve the next two years, forget about it.

3. The NCAA selection committee will defenitely not be doing the gophers any favors anymore. Two years in a row they were on the bubble but got in, two years in a row they lay an egg.

Really disappointing today, just couldn't shoot the basketball from far or close, open or guarded. Just not gonna win a tournament game shooting 30 percent from the field.

But that's no reason to say Ralph will never be good. He had a bad game, but if we've learned anything this year, it's that big guys develop slowly and incrementally. There are setbacks, but both Ralph and Colton will be back and improved next year. I'm sad too, but there's no need to condemn Ralph's entire basketball future based on a subpar forty minutes.

Does anyone care to answer question 1? Why does our offense look so boring? Other teams set picks, have ball movement and we do nothing. Why is that?

Why do we not figure out a way to get Blake some shots?

PS; I think Sampson will be fine.

You think Westbrook will complain about not making the all-tournament team?

Does anyone care to answer question 1? Why does our offense look so boring? Other teams set picks, have ball movement and we do nothing. Why is that?

Why do we not figure out a way to get Blake some shots?

PS; I think Sampson will be fine.

I think we need a go to player who can beat people off the dribble, we dont have that, and it makes the offense more stagnant. Just MO...

IMHO, RS has had a non existent month. He has played some good defense, but has missed so many closeup shots(especially his sky hook). He needs some intensive one on one work during the offseason. He can be a major factor the next 2 years but has get some fire in his belly.

True...it could be worse. We could be Northwestern.

In response to each point:

1. Minimal difference...unless the High Low game can be productive with Sampson III and Iverson.

2. Although it may appear at times that Sampson is not in it to win it, I think with a good post coach, he could improve. It seems as though he just doesn't know how to sense where his defender is and thus has unsure movements to the hoop.

3. I believe that the Gophers deserved to be in the tourney this year and last. Thank goodness the selection occurs based on current season action.

NewNoise? Sounds a whole lot like the same noise we hear after a dissapointing loss. I don't agree with any of your three "points" either.

NewNoise? Sounds a whole lot like the same noise we hear after a dissapointing loss. I don't agree with any of your three "points" either.

You don't have to agree with them. Thats the beauty about an opinion.

3. The NCAA selection committee will defenitely not be doing the gophers any favors anymore.

Thank God BYU snapped its streak of seven straight first round losses. The committee was all set to ban them from future tournaments.

IMHO, RS has had a non existent month. He has played some good defense, but has missed so many closeup shots(especially his sky hook). He needs some intensive one on one work during the offseason. He can be a major factor the next 2 years but has get some fire in his belly.

As far as the "fire in his belly" it's not going to be the way I think you vision it to be. They always show his dad on TV and he's really stoic also. I just don't think RS3 is ever going to be emotional the way people want him to be. (Me included in this.)

I think we need a go to player who can beat people off the dribble, we dont have that, and it makes the offense more stagnant. Just MO...

Exactly this. Just watching Pitt play after the Gophers today (granted they were playing Oakland), a lot of the offense was guys dribbling into the lane and hitting guys on cuts or kicking out. Not having someone who can consistently beat a guy off the dribble, and be in control enough to get a good shot or pass, severely limits the offense.

It could be the same next year. Al is the only guy who can beat his man with regularity, but he hasn't show the ability to finish at all.

Top Bottom