Northwestern vs. URI

Mayne Street

Reaction score
I watched the 2nd half of the Northwestern vs. Rhode Island game with a little added interest considering this was a Big Ten vs. A-10 matchup. URI won 76-64. The game was a little closer than the score might suggest due to Northwestern being forced to foul at the end of the game. The game was at Rhode Island, who finished 5th in the A-10, while Northwestern was 7th in the Big Ten. Northwestern looked very disinterested and didn't show a lot of aggressiveness on defense. Regardless, they still lost.

Northwestern wasn't playing with as much as confidence as the Gophers, but I still think the game provides somewhat of a measuring stick for our game against Xavier. I'm expecting a good game on Friday.

I don't see how a NIT game could provide a baramoter for a NCAA game. I've been to a few NIT games and the level of interest from the respective programs is below that of even the regular season for most teams.

I don't see how a NIT game could provide a baramoter for a NCAA game. I've been to a few NIT games and the level of interest from the respective programs is below that of even the regular season for most teams.

Your last statement is not totally true. I will go with some teams, but not your term most teams Did anyone watch the St.Johns/Memphis game? Awesome game...M won at the buzzer.

There are NIT teams who don't play with any enthusiasm, because its just the NIT. But there are also teams that play with a lot of enthusiasm, either because they are lower-tier teams happy to get the NIT (when you're in a 1-bid conference, the NIT isn't so bad) or because the coach does a good job of keeping the players motivated. I respect a team that can keep motivated for the NIT, trying to prove that snubbing them was a mistake.

Top Bottom