Gregg Doyel picks the Gopher and praises Goldy

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13058784?tag=coverlist;coverlist_footer

'Most likely upset: Take Minnesota over Xavier. The Gophers are playing great of late, reaching the Big Ten title game, and Tubby Smith -- awful as a recruiter and a motivator -- is tremendous with the X's and the O's. Give him a week to prepare for Xavier, and he'll figure out something.

Best mascot: You have to give Minnesota credit. They named their sports teams after a rodent, and not a cuddly a rodent -- but a rodent that wreaks havoc around the Midwest. I personally have tried to kill gophers in my backyard, and I don't like stepping on ants. But a gopher is the gross, yard-killing spawn of Satan. All due respect.'

The man is right. Go Gophers, and All Hail Goldy--King of Rodents and Mascots alike!

Awful As A Recruiter?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/13058784?tag=coverlist;coverlist_footer

'Most likely upset: Take Minnesota over Xavier. The Gophers are playing great of late, reaching the Big Ten title game, and Tubby Smith -- awful as a recruiter and a motivator -- is tremendous with the X's and the O's. Give him a week to prepare for Xavier, and he'll figure out something.

Best mascot: You have to give Minnesota credit. They named their sports teams after a rodent, and not a cuddly a rodent -- but a rodent that wreaks havoc around the Midwest. I personally have tried to kill gophers in my backyard, and I don't like stepping on ants. But a gopher is the gross, yard-killing spawn of Satan. All due respect.'

The man is right. Go Gophers, and All Hail Goldy--King of Rodents and Mascots alike!

Pure, classic BS from Gregg Doyel, who is a MISSISSIPPI native BTW. Very Anti-Tubby for a long time.

Awful motivator, huh?? That man motivates me, and I've never had a conversation with him in my life.

Shove off Doyel, and your backyard!!

I love how every/any reporter who says anything critical of OTS is immediately labeled as being biased and anti-Tubby by FOT.

FOT, are there any national print or internet reporters who you approve of?

Doyel's been a pretty big Tubby hater for a long time. That being said, he gets credit from me for picking against his past inclinations. Kudos. The recruiting comment does seem a bit over-the-top though.

Top Bottom