Pat Forde - ESPN

Juicer

Reaction score
Funny analysis from Pat Forde at ESPN. Sorry if it has already been posted...

Minnesota (11)
Best Case: With a succession of off-court problems behind them, the refocused and confident Gophers surprise Xavier and Pittsburgh to reach the Sweet 16. Spurred by the Tubby Smith Death Stare, Minnesota slaps some silly D on both teams. Ralph Sampson III plays like Ralph Sampson II. Mr. Big Shot Blake Hoffarber beats Musketeers with half-court hook, then beats Pitt by heading a rebound into the basket at the buzzer. Temperature creeps above 35 in the Twin Cities, and Smith dispels rumors he's looking at other jobs.

Worst Case:: Gophers get outside the league and realize they miss flaky former player/alleged burglar Royce White and academic casualty Al Nolen. They get run off the floor by high-octane Xavier. Meanwhile, Tubby hightails it to Oregon, and White releases another "YouTube" video announcement of utmost importance, this time proclaiming himself a gubernatorial candidate. Two more feet of snow fall on the Twin Cities

Funny analysis from Pat Forde at ESPN. Sorry if it has already been posted...

Minnesota (11)
Best Case: With a succession of off-court problems behind them, the refocused and confident Gophers surprise Xavier and Pittsburgh to reach the Sweet 16. Spurred by the Tubby Smith Death Stare, Minnesota slaps some silly D on both teams. Ralph Sampson III plays like Ralph Sampson II. Mr. Big Shot Blake Hoffarber beats Musketeers with half-court hook, then beats Pitt by heading a rebound into the basket at the buzzer. Temperature creeps above 35 in the Twin Cities, and Smith dispels rumors he's looking at other jobs.

Worst Case:: Gophers get outside the league and realize they miss flaky former player/alleged burglar Royce White and academic casualty Al Nolen. They get run off the floor by high-octane Xavier. Meanwhile, Tubby hightails it to Oregon, and White releases another "YouTube" video announcement of utmost importance, this time proclaiming himself a gubernatorial candidate. Two more feet of snow fall on the Twin Cities

Pat Forde is Louisville based (and biased) and has long been a Tubby detractor.

Tubby is NOT going to Oregon.

Maybe Forde will go there.

Similar probabilities for both.

I just thought it was funny. I don't really care who this guy roots for.

Definitive Proof The Tourney Needs To Start - Right Now

What a failed attempt at humor. A journalistic "airball".

Forde is OK. I, too, think it is very funny! We would all have a drink if Blake wins with a header!
Juicer..thanks for the post.

Forde is OK. I, too, think it is very funny! We would all have a drink if Blake wins with a header!
Juicer..thanks for the post.

Thank you... I guess this fine scotch I'm drinking makes me question the sensitivity of others to something that seemingly is meant to provide levity to the tournament...

I'll take "overly defensive and entirely humorless" for $400, Alex

Good stuff...people need more humor in these things, its just a game...

I also found it funny. I especially like visualizing Hoff heading a rebound in at the buzzer. With his resume, that's not that far off.

Juice

Thanks. This thread brought me my first big chuckle of the day.

:D

It did say "worst case", for those who took Tubby going to Oregon seriously. Jeesshhhh.... I very much enjoyed, and glad a reporter did some research before writing something. (i.e. the royce white stuff) haha...

He pretty much nailed it. That would most definitely be the worst case lol.

Article and comments make me want to enjoy a beer, I love laughing when people take sarcasm so damned seriously, and I love laughing when an article is funny, and I love laughing when I have a beer in any and all situations. God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy! Go Gophers!!!!

So much detail and multiple story lines makes me wonder if Forde wrote it or if he had a staff of 4 -5 split the 64 different story assignments.

I laughed at everything... except for the f**king weather part. Weak sauce, Pat. Weak sauce.

If you follow our club and this didn't make you crack a little smile.... Have a drink and relax, please.

Top Bottom