Tubby - Wonderful in Minneapolis

Blizzard

Reaction score
Caught this in a Catspause prediction thread for Minnesota/Xavier-

Tubby was on Atlanta radio this am. and it sounded like a man who was glad to not be under any pressure to win in Minnesota. He is proud of getting his team in the tournament 2 years in a row and that tells me that his goals were never nearly as lofty as those demanded by us. He was asked about other jobs that might come open and he stated we would not believe how wonderful it is to be in Minneapolis.

Thanks Blizzard! This makes me laugh b/c the quote you include from Catspause drips with "Kentucky-ness". Glad to not be under ANY pressure? I don't think even Tubby thinks that is true (nor do I believe he'd make any comments to that effect). However, I think its true is under MUCH less pressure than at Kentucky and that he is grateful and appreciative of that. I'd also love to find out if he actually said his goals were less lofty then Cats' fans or if the poster simply heard what he wanted to hear.

I think the man just likes being at least a little appreciated for his hard work, especially considering where this program was three years ago. And I think most people that don't know about Minnesota are plesantly surprised when they actually come here. I don't hear a lot of people say they hate being here when they come from other areas.

Who are these guys? Holy cow, do most markets our size get that good of regular guests? They have had really high profile guests. Wish we had that around here.

Who are these guys? Holy cow, do most markets our size get that good of regular guests? They have had really high profile guests. Wish we had that around here.

It's called having an ACTUAL sports radio station.

Thanks Blizzard! This makes me laugh b/c the quote you include from Catspause drips with "Kentucky-ness".

Very much so. The poster also went on to say essentially that Xavier would destroy Minnesota. :)

Thanks Blizzard! This makes me laugh b/c the quote you include from Catspause drips with "Kentucky-ness". Glad to not be under ANY pressure? I don't think even Tubby thinks that is true (nor do I believe he'd make any comments to that effect). However, I think its true is under MUCH less pressure than at Kentucky and that he is grateful and appreciative of that. I'd also love to find out if he actually said his goals were less lofty then Cats' fans or if the poster simply heard what he wanted to hear.

For the White Sheeted Ones in KY, here is Tubby's UK record.

He won 76% of his games. (UK averages 76%)

He won 72% of his NCAA games. (UK averages 69%)

He won 5 SEC titles in 10 years. (UK averages 5 per 10 years)

He won 5 SECT championships in 10 years. (UK averages 5 per 10 years)

He made 6 Sweet 16 in 10 years. (UK averages 6 S16 in 1 years)

He made 4 Elite 8 in 10 years. (UK averages 5 E8 in 10 years)

He made 1 Final 4 in 10 years. (UK averages 2 F4 in 10 years)

He won 1 NCAA title in 10 years. (UK averages 1 NC in 10 years)

He had 20+ W every years. (Since Rupp, UK averages 8 20+ W in 10 years)

Etc, etc, etc.

For the White Sheeted Ones in KY, here is Tubby's UK record.

He won 76% of his games. (UK averages 76%)

He won 72% of his NCAA games. (UK averages 69%)

He won 5 SEC titles in 10 years. (UK averages 5 per 10 years)

He won 5 SECT championships in 10 years. (UK averages 5 per 10 years)

He made 6 Sweet 16 in 10 years. (UK averages 6 S16 in 1 years)

He made 4 Elite 8 in 10 years. (UK averages 5 E8 in 10 years)

He made 1 Final 4 in 10 years. (UK averages 2 F4 in 10 years)

He won 1 NCAA title in 10 years. (UK averages 1 NC in 10 years)

He had 20+ W every years. (Since Rupp, UK averages 8 20+ W in 10 years)

Etc, etc, etc.

Don't just post your signature FOT!

Gee Whiz, folks! Can we just be satisfied with having a link to a great interview with Tubby? If you listen to the interview, perhaps you would learn from Tubby to smell the roses. The man doesn't need defending.

Gee Whiz, folks! Can we just be satisfied with having a link to a great interview with Tubby? If you listen to the interview, perhaps you would learn from Tubby to smell the roses. The man doesn't need defending.

He changed jobs. I've changed jobs. Probably you have, too.

I take the same approach to what I do now as I did at any other job I've had.

I'm sure Tubby does, too.

It's that simple.

Great interview - thanks for the link

Loved the Big Ten Network answer LOL!

Also loved his answer about Minneapolis and how much he loves it here. I'd like him to stick around to hang a Final Four/Big Ten/Championship banner we actually get to keep this time.

Top Bottom