For those who are on the fence...

GoldenGuts

Reaction score
and can't decide if you want to go to the games this weekend or not here is something to think about. When is the next time the Gophers will be playing in the NCAA tourney this close to home. It is an easy drive to Milwaukee and there will be tickets available on the street which will be face value or close to it and if they make it to Sunday there will be plenty of tickets being sold by fans whos teams have been knocked out. Take advantage of the situation because who knows when it will be presented to you again. As much as I hope they play close to home every year and make the tourney every year it is not something that will always happen. Next year they could end up on the east coast or in New Mexico and then you will have to likely buy a plane ticket and the trip will be much more expensive. Lets pack the city of Milwaukee with Gopher fans and cheer them on!

Guts is exactly right. It could be a decade or more before the combination of sites, seeding, and regional match up to give a venue this close again. You all need to get down to Milwaukee with us and jam the streets with Maroon and Gold.

if we can do it traveling w/ a 13 month old (putting her in the car right at her bedtime and crossing our fingers, lol) than so can you!

**disclaimer: Buck & I both do not work on Fridays, so that makes life a little easier for a decision like this...for those who would go but can't get off work, that blows :(

I have this nagging feeling that people are waiting to see how our Friday game turns out before deciding whether or not to come for the Sunday game. If you can make it Sunday, please do everything you can to make it Friday. Tickets will be there to be had and you may witness the first official Gopher victory in the tournament since 1990!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot get work off Friday, but am going on Sunday. What time will that game be?

Guts is exactly right. It could be a decade or more before the combination of sites, seeding, and regional match up to give a venue this close again. You all need to get down to Milwaukee with us and jam the streets with Maroon and Gold.

I'll take any opportunity I can get to infiltrate that red & white state and proudly sport my beautiful Maroon & Gold. Count me in!!

I have this nagging feeling that people are waiting to see how our Friday game turns out before deciding whether or not to come for the Sunday game.

That's me. Couldn't get off work this Friday. I'd have been there if we had landed the OSU 8:35 start. Just praying we beat Xavier so I can make the trip out for the 2nd round game!

That's me. Couldn't get off work this Friday. I'd have been there if we had landed the OSU 8:35 start. Just praying we beat Xavier so I can make the trip out for the 2nd round game!

What kind of cruel, heartless, unfeeling company or boss won't let you out for what should eventually become a National 2-Day Holiday? Somebody needs to start lobbying for that in Washington. Seriously.

Kansas City 1997

Professional obligatiosn requrie me to be home in Iowa on Friday. However, I was part of the 1997 contignent that saw the first two games of the run to the Final Four. The experience was remarkable, esp. the camarderie with fellow Gopher fans. Sticking it to Dukie V., who had predicted a Temple victory over the Gophers in the round of 32, was also sweet. If you go to Milwaukee, I doubt you will ever regret it, and it just might turn out to be *magical*

That weekend in 1997 never happened of course.......

Top Bottom