Three of the biggest shots of tonight's game come from unexpected sources

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
1. Bostick's baseline drive and floater that cut the Iowa lead to 31-29

2. Carter's shot with a toe on the three point line to give Gophers it's first lead since the opening minutes at 33-31.

3. Busch's drive to push the Gophers lead back to 4 with 39 seconds left in the game.

It was good to see the JUCO guys step up when others were off their game. Busch has been a key factor now in two of our biggest games of the year.

How about that Busch put back lay up? I would guess it was with around 6 min to go and pushed our lead back to 6-7.

One of the things that I appreciate about this team is that they find various ways to win games. Namely, they have several different guys capable of making a big play here or there. To me, that's the sign of a good team; one that finds different sources of offense when needed and also buckles down on defense when needed.

It could be reasonably argued that we played our worst game of the year tonight, but the guys still stuck it out and found a way to win. Now, it's on to Penn State on Sunday!!!:D

Lets face it! It helped that Iowa lost their stating PF with an ankle sprain. It helped that their leading scorer is still in recovery. Most of all it helped that Iowa's coach failed to see that they had no answer for our defense in the half court an should have gone back to shooting threes much earlier.

Top Bottom