Xavier to fly, Gophs ride the bus

TcGophers

Banned
Reaction score
Well looks like we will be sitting for a 9 hr bus ride on our way to Wisconson not a good way to be ready

If it takes you nine hours to get to Milwaukee, you'll need to change horses a lot more often than Black River Falls.

Is it just me, or does if feel like folks are really trying to find something to complain about around here?

We're taking a bus instead of a plane? Oh, the horror of it all.

this is a non-issue. Flying would barely be faster and would be more of a hassle.

May I suggest exit 69 (wink, wink) in Mauston for a stop at Culver's? It was a staple of my frequent trips between SE Wisconsin-Minnesota back in the day.

Well looks like we will be sitting for a 9 hr bus ride on our way to Wisconson not a good way to be ready

We? Our? Are you Dominique Dawson?

Have a safe drive! Pick a good movie.

i recently made the trip to Milwaukee from Minneapolis in around 7 hrs... by plane

I get from Waukegan, Il to Minneapolis in 5 1/2 hours. Milwaukee is about an hour in so it shouldn't take more than 5 for them to get there

Yes, but this is a bus... I go to the U and live in Hartland, WI about half an hour closer to Minneapolis than Milwaukee... I usually make the trip in 5ish hours so I would put the bus ride at probably 5 1/2 to 6

Do you think Vegas will adjust the lines on the game? The bus disadvantage has to be at least 6 points.

It's that damn Maturi. First Mbakwe; then White; then Nolen; and now the bus. It's no wonder Tubby is looking hard at the Iowa job.

Stopping at all those railroad crossings on 94 is guaranteed to add another four hours to the trip. They better leave now, if they want to make tip off by Friday.

Our guys will be stopping in the Wisconsin Dells to ride the Water Parks for 2 hours.

Sounds like a good 6 hours to look each other in the eye, bond, get each other worked up over the game plan. It's not like they are taking a horse and buggy.

TcGoph -
You're obviously not like some of us stiffs who have to live paycheck to paycheck. If you were maybe you wouldn't think living the "tough life" would be so bad afterall.

It's that damn Maturi. First Mbakwe; then White; then Nolen; and now the bus. It's no wonder Tubby is looking hard at the Iowa job.

Don't forget that the 11:30 am tip-off is Maturi's fault and the flood waters rising and the H1N1 out break.

Our guys will be stopping in the Wisconsin Dells to ride the Water Parks for 2 hours.

If they do hopefully they'll stop by my parent's restaurant "The Pizza Ranch" for some mighty fine food. I'm sure I could get them a pretty big discount for a picture with the team in return lol.

Shouldn't a high major team like the Gophers fly to their NCAA tournament site? I know it's "only" 5 1/2 hours, but any little advantage/disadvantage matters. I think it's a legitimate gripe that the Gophers should be flying.

Shouldn't a high major team like the Gophers fly to their NCAA tournament site? I know it's "only" 5 1/2 hours, but any little advantage/disadvantage matters. I think it's a legitimate gripe that the Gophers should be flying.
In all honesty, the first thing that came to mind is how long it took Colton to tie his shoes during the BTT and having to go through security. Heck, that will add at least 30 minutes to the check-in process.

Plus, they'd end up taking a bus to the airport in MSP and another bus at MKW to the hotel. I like the thinking of cutting out the middleman. ..... :)

In Reusse's words, it's a "nonnn-factor"

Still time to fix your brackets everyone:

Pick Lehigh over Kansas

"The Jayhawks practiced in Lawrence on Tuesday, then headed to OKC, the bus arriving right before 7 p.m. Some players slept on the bus; others watched a pair of movies."

(4 hours, 47 minutes so add 30-60 minutes by bus)

Tubby was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that NCAA rules say they can't fly because the destination is too close. They must drive. Not the Gophers fault.

Yeah, this is nothing new at all. I thought I heard Kansas was busing, so good to see confirmation. It's really not even remotely close to a big deal. I think long bus trips are good for gaining focus. The team is together, no dealing with airline flights, multiple busses, and other things. Just leave from the Barn, get on the bus, and go.

Top Bottom