Walter Bond's ring returned.

First of all, I'm surprised teams get rings for making the Elite 8. They call it a "Championship ring" in the article when there was no championship won. You need to get to the Final 4 to achieve that.

Second, if Mr. Bond is a motivational speaker, I'm pretty sure he had the ring replaced a long time ago. Motivational speakers are usually sharp dressers and they like to flaunt any jewelry. I have a colleague who won a D3 national championship in college and he lost his ring a few years later. Two phone calls later he had a replacement.

First of all, I'm surprised teams get rings for making the Elite 8. They call it a "Championship ring" in the article when there was no championship won. You need to get to the Final 4 to achieve that.

A Final 4 isn't a championship either.

Bond recently did a motivational speech for the Wisconsin Bankers Association in Milwaukee in February, and he was very good. I was an event organizer, so I got to catch him before his speech. Learned a little about Tubby's challenges this year, things that I have never heard on this board. Fascinating guy.

Top Bottom