Any 'Holers in Chicago?

Sam

Reaction score
Just wondering if any Gopher fans can direct me to a Gopher bar somewhere close in the Lincoln Park area that will show the game?

I have a job interview there friday morning. I've never partied in Chicago besides the 2 trips to Evanston for a basketball and football game.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Red Ivy is a really cool bar with great food and drink specials. I have only been there for F-ball games but I imagine there will be Gopher Pride represented. The bar is is in Wrigleyville and you really can't miss out by staying in that area and partying. It is rather sick that Minnesota has such a lack of bars and representation in Chicago but you have to figure that a lot of kids stay home and work in Minneapolis. Have fun and Go GOPHERS! You should stop by some of the Iowa bars and watch the game there just to rub it in!

Red Ivy for sure. Usually a good crowd for big games like this.

I can't wait for this trip, i'm approaching it like a recruiting official visit. I get put up in a hotel, interview with the big dogs, getting to watch the Gophers beat Xavier after the interview is icing on the cake!

I can't wait for this trip, i'm approaching it like a recruiting official visit. I get put up in a hotel, interview with the big dogs, getting to watch the Gophers beat Xavier after the interview is icing on the cake!

Most importantly, Good Luck with your interview! Go get 'em, Sam!!

Oh, and go Gophers too. :)

Good luck to you and Gophers!

http://www.redivychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2010tournament1web.jpg

I lived in Chicago for five years before coming back home to Minny! It is the second best city to live in. Make sure you hit up Taco Burrito Palace #2 after you get done celebrating the Gophers win. You could also try Redmonds(3358 N. Sheffield Ave) another Gopher bar. You should try and do a Big Ten Pub crawl around Wrigleyville to watch other big ten games!

Michigan State: Higgins' Tavern
3259 N. Racine
Minnesota: Red Ivy on Clark
3462 N. Clark
Ohio State: Mickeys Bar & Patio
2450 N. Clark
Purdue: Durkin's Tavern
810 W. Diversey
Wisconsin: Will's Northwoods Inn
3030 N. Racine

Most importantly, Good Luck with your interview! Go get 'em, Sam!!

Oh, and go Gophers too. :)

Thanks!

I'm meeting up with a good friend that's a Purdue Alum so I'm sure we'll be hitting up the Purdue bar.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Instead of the Red Ivy, I recommend taking a trip 90 minutes up the road and nabbing some tickets to get into the game itself!

You could stop by Merkle's in wriggleyville. It is a Xavier basketball bar. They would definately have the game on and it might be fun to watch it with the enemies. Full Disclosure/Interesting Note it also is an Iowa football bar but I guess the Iowa basketball team is so terrible it switches to Xavier during basketball season.

http://www.redivychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2010tournament1web.jpg

I lived in Chicago for five years before coming back home to Minny! It is the second best city to live in. Make sure you hit up Taco Burrito Palace #2 after you get done celebrating the Gophers win. You could also try Redmonds(3358 N. Sheffield Ave) another Gopher bar. You should try and do a Big Ten Pub crawl around Wrigleyville to watch other big ten games!

Michigan State: Higgins' Tavern
3259 N. Racine
Minnesota: Red Ivy on Clark
3462 N. Clark
Ohio State: Mickeys Bar & Patio
2450 N. Clark
Purdue: Durkin's Tavern
810 W. Diversey
Wisconsin: Will's Northwoods Inn
3030 N. Racine

i believe redmonds is no longer a gopher bar. it use to be a gopher, twins, vikings bar. i believe now it is a cubs, badgers, vikings bar...very weird combo.

Top Bottom