KFAN talking Gopher basketball

SDGopherFan

Reaction score
Its a train reck! I feel uncomfortable listening to PA trying to talk Gopher basketball. Hey KFAN heres a tip, get somebody in studio who knows basketball and could give a sh!t.

Disagree. While the coverage this morning has been a little clumsy, it has all been positive.

Many have argued that the Gopher FB and BB programs need to start winning more to start getting more love on local radio. Makes sense to me.

He is totally clueless. I'd like to see them get a regular segment on this show with someone like Jim Dutcher or someone else that has some connection to the program and better insight... Similar to the Lou Nanne / Barrierio hockey segments.

Many have argued that the Gopher FB and BB programs need to start winning more to start getting more love on local radio. Makes sense to me.

And many have responded that it's not about "getting love," i.e. air time, but rather it's about getting informed dialogue. And "informed" is not one of the adjectives I would use to describe PA.

I don't listen to KFAN at all during college basketball season (except for Double-T and the Packers guy on Saturday morning), and I certainly won't start now. Double-T has background and knows his stuff, so I'll listen to him. I'm pretty certain PA, Common, etc., have very limited knowledge about college basketball. They have less to offer than Joe Blow on the street.

Jike Spingleton said:
...it's not about "getting love," i.e. air time, but rather it's about getting informed dialogue...

PA's show is popcorn and ear candy. He's talking about the Gophers and he's talking about them in a positive light. Look elsewhere for informed dialogue.

I just don't see the point in putting the coverage down if it's positive.

It's like saying, "You know, I saw so on so on Regis and Kelly and the dialogue was not very informed".

Personally, I don't mind "negative" coverage if it is fair and informed. The problem with KFAN is they don't care about college sports. So whether they are negative or positive doesn't really matter because neither is an informed opinion. They blow with the wind just depending on what the major headline is and don't know anything behind it to offer any kind of informed contrary opinon.

"Personally, I don't mind "negative" coverage if it is fair and informed. ... whether they are negative or positive doesn't really matter because neither is an informed opinion. They blow with the wind just depending on what the major headline is and don't know anything behind it to offer any kind of informed contrary opinon."

Bingo. That's why Trent is the guy I'll listen to on KFAN. ... I know I'm getting an informed opinion on college basketball, whether I agree with him or not.

Talking hoops PA isn't that bad & I like Lake. Tucker is terrible, he offers little opinion, never answers a direct question and has NO inside information.

I tuned in right when PA's chump-sidekick that sits in Section 201 said he should stay at Myron's parents house in Milwaukee.

Its a train reck! I feel uncomfortable listening to PA trying to talk Gopher basketball. Hey KFAN heres a tip, get somebody in studio who knows basketball and could give a sh!t.

Dan Barriero can't wait to rip the Gophers, thankfully he did get someone in studio who knew what they are talking about; Big Ten Network analyst Dan Dakich to talk Big 10 Tournament...

Top Bottom