76 Classic proved to be an excellent field

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
5 of the 8 teams made it to the NCAA, a sixth made the postseason.

Champion West Virginia is the #2 seed in East Regional.

Runner-up Portland was selected for the College Insider Tournament.

3rd-place Texas A&M is the #5 seed in South Regional.

4th-place Gophers are #11 seed in West Regional.

5th-place Clemson is #7 seed in East Regional.

6th-place Butler is #5 seed in West Regional.

Long Beach State (7th place) and UCLA (last place) were the only 76 Classic squads not to make the postseason, though Dan Monson's LBSU squad did lose a nail-biter in the Big West title game.

Next season's Puerto Rico Tip-Off should be strong as well, but I doubt 5 teams will make the NCAA Tournament field. If they seed the teams, which I think they do, I'd guess the Gophers will be the #3 or #4 seed (behind West Virginia, UNC & perhaps Vandy) and draw either Nebraska or Western Kentucky.

Gophers
Davidson
Hofstra
Nebraska
North Carolina
Vandy (will AJ Ogilvy return for senior year?)
West Virginia
Western Kentucky

Mrs Rouser and I are alreay putting the spare change in the jar for Puerto Rico. Should be a lot of fun.

Puerto Rico & basketball (and the wife, too;)). ... that sounds like a tough combination to beat.

I agree SS

After seeing all of the teams play out there, my brother and I had the discussion about how good we thought each team was. I said then that WVU could very well be a final 4 team and that A & M was good, they were full strength I believe at that time. We knew UCLA sucked and even Monson's team looked better than I expected, was very impressed with LBSU's point guard. Butler probalbly ended up better than I expected. I fully agree with your statements.

5 of the 8 teams made it to the NCAA, a sixth made the postseason.

Champion West Virginia is the #2 seed in East Regional.

Runner-up Portland was selected for the College Insider Tournament.

3rd-place Texas A&M is the #5 seed in South Regional.

4th-place Gophers are #11 seed in West Regional.

5th-place Clemson is #7 seed in East Regional.

6th-place Butler is #5 seed in West Regional.

Long Beach State (7th place) and UCLA (last place) were the only 76 Classic squads not to make the postseason, though Dan Monson's LBSU squad did lose a nail-biter in the Big West title game.

Next season's Puerto Rico Tip-Off should be strong as well, but I doubt 5 teams will make the NCAA Tournament field. If they seed the teams, which I think they do, I'd guess the Gophers will be the #3 or #4 seed (behind West Virginia, UNC & perhaps Vandy) and draw either Nebraska or Western Kentucky.

Gophers
Davidson
Hofstra
Nebraska
North Carolina
Vandy (will AJ Ogilvy return for senior year?)
West Virginia
Western Kentucky

Don't mean to gush, but your posts rock.

It would be fun to start off the year with wins agains North Carolina and Vandy! Looks like a pretty good field.

We must be following West Virginia around in these things. They were also in the Old Spice back in 2006 when we finished last in Orlando. They were with us in Anaheim this year and now with us in Puerto Rico next year. I bet they'll be with us in Orlando at the Old Spice in November of 2011, too.

Top Bottom