anyone have any updates on the ticket situation for friday's game?

Reaction score
how many tickets the U of M will get to sell? when they can start selling them through the U of M ticket office, etc?

anyways, thought i would give it a shot in case anyone has come into some information since this afternoon. thanks!

This was sent to all the students (I presume). Or at the very least the student season ticket holders.

After a spectacular run to the Championship game of the Big Ten Tournament, the Gophers men's basketball team secured a bid to play in the 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. The #11 seeded Gophers will play the #6 seeded Xavier Musketeers in an opening round game on Friday, March 19 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The University of Minnesota receives a very limited number of tickets for the first round of the NCAA tournament. Tickets will be allocated to basketball team and staff, donors, season ticket holders and students. Based on the proximity of the game in Milwaukee, we do not expect to be able to accommodate all ticket requests.

Limited tickets have been held for purchase by Gopher student season ticket holders. The ticket office will conduct a ticket lottery for all students wanting to buy NCAA tickets. Any student season ticket holder can stop by the Gopher Ticket Office in Mariucci Arena tomorrow starting at 9am to fill out a lottery form. We will take ticket lottery forms until 5pm on Monday. We will then do a random selection to allocate the student tickets. We will contact all student season ticket holders requesting tickets via e-mail on Tuesday morning and notify them if they have received tickets.

Thanks for your support of the Gophers!

I really really hope im not screwed out of getting into hte lottery because im not there

We only get 550 tickets? Doesn't that seem a little slim? Got myself on this list, but I am not holding my breath. I see that donors get priority and I am just a lowly season ticket holder. I assume that at least half will go to students (rightly so). We shall see...

well im glad i got into the raffle at leasst...also that i could pick them up at the bradley center as i wouldnt be going back to minn just for tix :3 lol

So to me it sounds like we are actually gonna have a good contingent of the Barnyard down there. Is that correct? You rarely ever see student sections at NCAA Tourney Games

i think thats usually because games are so far from the home courts that people dont travel, also i dont think all spring breaks are at this time either so students cant pack up and go anywhere

Agree gopherphan, just kinda cool to hear that we everything is working out where The Barnyard can make the trek to Milwaukee

I wouldn't worry about tickets. First and second round games usually have tickets available on the street for face or less.

The tickets were sold to Marquette season ticket holders last season when the sites were announced. When the field is announced, each school is given an allotment to sell for their home school. Each school got about 600 tickets for the Friday games.

My guess is there will be a lot of people selling their tickets to the games on Craigslist or outside the arena. Many of the fans were hoping that Marquette or Wisconsin, or even UW-Milwaukee (they make it occasionally) would be placed there.

The tickets were sold to Marquette season ticket holders last season when the sites were announced. When the field is announced, each school is given an allotment to sell for their home school. Each school got about 600 tickets for the Friday games.

My guess is there will be a lot of people selling their tickets to the games on Craigslist or outside the arena. Many of the fans were hoping that Marquette or Wisconsin, or even UW-Milwaukee (they make it occasionally) would be placed there.

I don't think any Marquette fans were hoping that they MU would be placed in Milwaukee, since Marquette is the host school and would not be allowed to play there under any circumstance.

At any rate, single session tickets will go on sale at the Bradley Center at 9am on Thursday.. in addition, at 4pm on Thursday afternoon, more single-session tickets may become available at the Bradley Center box office. 414-227-0700 is the BC's phone number.

Single session tickets are $71. Full session (two on Friday, one on Sunday) are about triple that.

well im glad i got into the raffle at leasst...also that i could pick them up at the bradley center as i wouldnt be going back to minn just for tix :3 lol

gopherphan, did you just call the ticket office to get added to the list? I am not in the Twin Cities right now either, but I am very interested in going.

Also, does anybody know if the Barnyard will be doing any kind of busing to the game?

gopherphan, did you just call the ticket office to get added to the list? I am not in the Twin Cities right now either, but I am very interested in going.

Also, does anybody know if the Barnyard will be going any kind of busing to the game?

Yea, just call them if youre a student season ticket holder...not sure if its the same for regular season tix holders or not..but explain that to the person and that you cant get to mariucci and theyll put you in the drawing...its $76 total be sure to have a card handy..they take it down in case you win.

Top Bottom