Don't let me down guys

CremeX

Reaction score
I picked you guys into the National Championship game against Duke. Don't let me down here :)

Lol why would you do something like that? The farthest I see us going would be the Sweet 16. I would be ecstatic if we made it that far.

I just think the goal for Minnesota, once they get placed in the bracket, is to play better than their NCAA seed. Just make the tourney, and play one game (at least) higher than your seed dictates. For us, its simple..... beat Xavier. Do that, and I can't say I am disappointed.

The goal on a long term basis should be to improve the seed we get every year. Obviously, this was a rough year for the Gophers, so sliding only one space down (10 seed to 11 this year) is much better than it easily could have been. The Big Ten is not an easy conference to win, so gaining that higher seed will have to include a tougher schedule.... hopefully Tubby, Maturi, and the rest of the staff will be more willing to put some bigger name teams on the non-conf schedule. Games against schools like Marquette, Missouri, and the Kansas schools would do wonders for our credibility come selection sunday.

Top Bottom