Anyone seen Xavier this year?

book

Reaction score
Tell me what you know.

How about Pitt?

Both teams are guard heavy. Xavier's best player by far is Jordan Crawford. Name sound familiar? He's an Indiana transfer. Played at Indiana his freshman year. Cocky kid. Halloway is prob their 2nd best player. He's like a 5'8 guard.

Pitt has Gibbs Brown and Dixon as their best players. All 2 guards

Inside game is pretty non existent for Xavier. Pitt has one big guys McGhee that is decent but gets in foul trouble easily. Wannamaker i believe is also a bigger guy for them. But overall, we dominate both of those teams in size.

Size should really help us out. Lauderdale shut Ralph down today because of his size, but I think him and Colt bring some greatly needed inside presence to some of these games.

jj

Inside game is pretty non existent for Xavier. Pitt has one big guys McGhee that is decent but gets in foul trouble easily. Wannamaker i believe is also a bigger guy for them. But overall, we dominate both of those teams in size.

X big guys:

Jason Love 6'9" 265 lbs SR. 27 minutes per game. 11.9 points and 8.6 rebounds.

Jamel McLean 6'8" 235 lbs. JR. 22 minutes, 7 rebounds, and 8 points per game.

X big guys:

Jason Love 6'9" 265 lbs SR. 27 minutes per game. 11.9 points and 8.6 rebounds.

Jamel McLean 6'8" 235 lbs. JR. 22 minutes, 7 rebounds, and 8 points per game.

Yep.. see the 'Early Thoughts on Xavier' post for more, but while their offense runs through Crawford, especially Love but also McLean are very important and are not tiny guys

Yep.. see the 'Early Thoughts on Xavier' post for more, but while their offense runs through Crawford, especially Love but also McLean are very important and are not tiny guys

I got a chuckle from that one.

NOT tiny, indeed.

:D

Xavier plays very dirty and is full of guys with worse attitudes than Westbrook, and their coach might as well be Westbrook too. Remember Jordan Crawford from IU/Fraud U. He is their leading scorer.

Xavier, or any sixth seed is not going to be an Ohio State or a Michigan State for that matter. Can the gophers win, I think absolutely. It is going to be more dependant on how they come out and play rather than who they play in the first round. I hope they come out as and play like they did in the Big Ten tournement and are not satisfied with just making the field.

Anyone have any thoughts as to how our scrappy defense will affect this Atlantic 10 team?

What is the style of play in the A10?

Both teams are guard heavy. Xavier's best player by far is Jordan Crawford. Name sound familiar? He's an Indiana transfer. Played at Indiana his freshman year. Cocky kid. Halloway is prob their 2nd best player. He's like a 5'8 guard.

Pitt has Gibbs Brown and Dixon as their best players. All 2 guards

Very true about Jordan but he is not nearly as good as he was when he played for IU. Last game for Xavier he only had like 5 points or so.

Very true about Jordan but he is not nearly as good as he was when he played for IU. Last game for Xavier he only had like 5 points or so.

Hmmm could you actually mean 20 points to go along with 8 boards 3 assists and 3 steals? (Still a losing effort though, so stats don't really matter)

Crawford is averaging 20, 5, and 3, I think saying he's not nearly as good as he was when he played for IU is more than a little off.

Xavier's not a problem. They can't put the ball in the basket.
And I wouldn't worry about Pitt either. I think they're going down before they can play the Gophers

jjgopher;201473[B said:
]Inside game is pretty non existent for Xavier.[/B] Pitt has one big guys McGhee that is decent but gets in foul trouble easily. Wannamaker i believe is also a bigger guy for them. But overall, we dominate both of those teams in size.

Why would you say that? Just because it sounded good. One of X's best players is 6-9 post Jason Love. Dude averages 12 points and 8 rebounds per game in 27 minutes. That's hardly non-existent.

it's non existent like you swore we weren't getting in the tourney

Xavier is a real solid team. They are not as potent offensively as a team like OSU, but they have some guys who can score and are tough defensively & had a good win at Florida and lost at Wake Forest. Holloway and Crawford are their go-to guys, but they do have good size and ability to rebound and defend in the post. A lot of OSU fans wanted the Bucks to offer Dante Jackson, who they never offered (and rightly so IMO - he would never play at OSU under Matta), but he is a key glue guy for X. Jackson's contributions offensively are very hit or miss, but he's an athlete with good size and athletic ability that plays tough. If you want to look at a common opponent with the Gophers, both teams played Butler, with the Gophers beating them and X losing on a last-second shot at Butler. Obviously, X also played St. Joes, but the Hawks aren't any good.

Hmmm could you actually mean 20 points to go along with 8 boards 3 assists and 3 steals? (Still a losing effort though, so stats don't really matter)

Crawford is averaging 20, 5, and 3, I think saying he's not nearly as good as he was when he played for IU is more than a little off.

I suggest that you should go and check the teams that they played this year. Jordan's is the kid who dunked on LJ and Nike took all the tapes last year. He is very talented but he was better when he was at IU. His brother played for Tubby at UK. He made Tubby age 10 years because of his lazyness on the court. The whole family think that they are better that everybody out there. Jordan's brother, Jamal, was the one who was fighting with Rondo on the court. I hope that Gophers would be able to beat the crap out of this team.

Go Gophers

I just hope Crawford's on one of those 2 for 15 games, cause if he gets hot, that could spell trouble.

We just need to take care of the ball, get production from the paint, and hit timely shots and I think we can pull out a win here.

I suggest that you should go and check the teams that they played this year. Jordan's is the kid who dunked on LJ and Nike took all the tapes last year. He is very talented but he was better when he was at IU. His brother played for Tubby at UK. He made Tubby age 10 years because of his lazyness on the court. The whole family think that they are better that everybody out there. Jordan's brother, Jamal, was the one who was fighting with Rondo on the court. I hope that Gophers would be able to beat the crap out of this team.

Go Gophers

Please explain to me how Jordan was better at IU than he is currently. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Go Gophers

You cant be serious can you?

Xavier played 18 teams in the RPI top 100, including 6 in the top 25 10 in the top 50. Their SOS was 42. Their OOC SOS was 28. So I have most certainly seen the teams Xavier played this year and they were very good.

Crawford had the following pts:

16 against Kansas St
16 against Baylor
30 against Wake Forest
18 against Temple
18 against Florida
19 and 20 against Richmond
20 against Butler

19.6 points against those NCAA tournament teams. So to imply his ppg total is due to an easy schedule is ridiculous and false. He avg 9 at IU his freshman season.

He also throws in 3 assists and 5 rebounds a game. He will be the most talented player on the court Friday afternoon.

I look forward to the game Friday, your team has defeated a lot of good teams and I wish we had a less accomplished 11 seed to play.

Jordan Crawford is definitely not as good as he way at IU. No way. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

I think Crawford is a great player, but you forgot to include the number of shots it took to reach those figures. Under 40% from the field. Just saying.

Kansas St. 5-13
Baylor 6-19
Wake Forest 11-25
Temple 6-16
Florida 7-19
Richmond 8-22 and 8-20
Butler 9-17 (the only game shooting over 50% from the field)

You cant be serious can you?

Xavier played 18 teams in the RPI top 100, including 6 in the top 25 10 in the top 50. Their SOS was 42. Their OOC SOS was 28. So I have most certainly seen the teams Xavier played this year and they were very good.

Crawford had the following pts:

16 against Kansas St
16 against Baylor
30 against Wake Forest
18 against Temple
18 against Florida
19 and 20 against Richmond
20 against Butler

19.6 points against those NCAA tournament teams. So to imply his ppg total is due to an easy schedule is ridiculous and false. He avg 9 at IU his freshman season.

He also throws in 3 assists and 5 rebounds a game. He will be the most talented player on the court Friday afternoon.

I look forward to the game Friday, your team has defeated a lot of good teams and I wish we had a less accomplished 11 seed to play.

I think Crawford is a great player, but you forgot to include the number of shots it took to reach those figures. Under 40% from the field. Just saying.

Kansas St. 5-13
Baylor 6-19
Wake Forest 11-25
Temple 6-16
Florida 7-19
Richmond 8-22 and 8-20
Butler 9-17 (the only game shooting over 50% from the field)

As a Xavier fan, I really tried not to sign up and post on an opposing team's board all year. And I almost succeeded.

But the above stats are extremely misleading and I feel like I should point out why.

Whenever Xavier's offense broke down this year, Jordan Crawford was given the ball in really bad situations. Jordan Crawford served as our safety valve and it hurt his stats.

I know a lot of Xavier fans would take issue with this, but we don't have a lot of talented offensive players on our team. As a result, Crawford was asked to work miracles for this team and, for the most part, he did.

Fair enough. That was the first time I saw him play and it was pretty obvious he's better than any player we've had in our program in a while. I was just pointing out that someone just posting scoring totals can be misleading.

As a Xavier fan, I really tried not to sign up and post on an opposing team's board all year. And I almost succeeded.

But the above stats are extremely misleading and I feel like I should point out why.

Whenever Xavier's offense broke down this year, Jordan Crawford was given the ball in really bad situations. Jordan Crawford served as our safety valve and it hurt his stats.

I know a lot of Xavier fans would take issue with this, but we don't have a lot of talented offensive players on our team. As a result, Crawford was asked to work miracles for this team and, for the most part, he did.

Top Bottom