2nd straight year....

bga1

Reaction score
.........we are in and also second straight year that we leap frogged a team ahead of us in conference. It's pretty obvious that it's the whole body of work that trumps conference play.

Please ... next year no bubble. Too tough on me.

I am jacked for this tourney.....I like our matchup....also am jacked for next season! Go Gophers!

Next year should not be a bubble year. Although Damian will be missed, I look for this team to be a lot better next year, especially if the two bigs and Joseph continue to step it up...and maybe Trevor is cleared to play. Not ruling Royce out, not counting on him either. Devoe's brother could still be a huge "get" and hopefully the Gophers strong finish and Devoe's strong finish (and Texas' struggles) will help steer him to Minnesota. If all these things fall in place...and that's a big if, then this team could be an Elite 8 or better team when Devoe, RSIII, Iverson are seniors.

It's also...

.........we are in and also second straight year that we leap frogged a team ahead of us in conference. It's pretty obvious that it's the whole body of work that trumps conference play.

...having a coach of the weight (gravitas, not pounds) of Orlando Smith. His experience and record of success undoubtedly plays at least a small part in tipping the scales in the Gophers' favor.

Illinois -- Takes OSU to 2 OT's - Gophers lose by 29 - I bet the Illini are not happy.

Top Bottom