What was all that about Cobbs transfering?

thebarnsback

Reaction score
In the chat during the game, someone mentioned that Cobbs would be transfering back home to California. Are there any legs to this? I think it was Johnny Gopher who said it came from a reliable source.

Even if it's true I'm not losing any sleep over this. He brings nothing to the table that someone like Bryant Allen can't do.

FWIW I've been hearing this for the last 2 months on campus...it's not really a well kept secret

I completely agree. I think he has some intangibles, good ball handler (usually), good body, and seems to have a good head (usually). This seemed to be a rough year and tournament for him. However he is not a threat on offense and is a poor defender. So I could care less if he leaves.

Hopefully we put his scholarship to good use.

(not saying it's gonna happen but just looking ahead to if it does).

I completely agree. I think he has some intangibles, good ball handler (usually), good body, and seems to have a good head (usually). This seemed to be a rough year and tournament for him. However he is not a threat on offense and is a poor defender. So I could care less if he leaves.

Hopefully we put his scholarship to good use.

(not saying it's gonna happen but just looking ahead to if it does).

I like Cobb. And I think he has nice potential. He may feel bad that we're so actively recruiting a "position of need" at PG (C. Joseph) and he might not like that much. That said, he reminds me of Eric Harris, but better. It would be a loss to see him go. But let's face it, assuming Nolen comes back academically, and especially if Joseph#2 comes here, he won't have much playing time next year, and maybe he doesn't want to wait...

Even if it's true I'm not losing any sleep over this. He brings nothing to the table that someone like Bryant Allen can't do.

Bryant Allen won't be part of the team till late December/early Jan if the fb is a bowl team.

I like Cobbs also, although if C. Joseph shows up, Cobbs' PT might be limited in his years here.

Remember he is only a Freshman. He has size and potential.

I don't know what to think about Cobbs. If we don't get Cory and Cobbs left that would make recruiting a PG from the 2011 class top priority. Possibly forcing Devoe to be back at the point as a senior.

This might be good news. That may mean Corey Joseph may be coming. If CJ plays here, Cobbs will not see a minute of play.

honestly, if cj comes, nolen is out of a job, especially the way devoe has played since taking over. i think there are a few kinks, but he will outshine nolen by far next year

If CJ comes here, he starts from day 1. Nolen will be the backup. Devoe will slide to the 2 spot. Cobbs, I'm afraid, is the odd man out.

Cobbs seems like a really good kid but being homesick can't be cured with an aspirin. If we land CJ and Al comes back for his Sr year, we would have one hell of a guard corps to go along with Hoff's 3-point shooting and Devoe's blossoming game. If RSIII and Colt continue to develop and Trevor/Royce find their way on the roster, watch out! :)

I think that if CJ doesn't come here, there's a decent chance that Devoe starts at the point over Al.

honestly, if cj comes, nolen is out of a job, especially the way devoe has played since taking over. i think there are a few kinks, but he will outshine nolen by far next year

Even if Cory Joseph does not come here Nolan is already out of his starting job. Devoe will be starting PG unless Cory comes. If Cory comes then it is the Joseph's in the backcourt

Hopefully Devoe explains to his younger brother how much he (Devoe) needs him on this team. Devoe will Shine far Brighter as a number 2 with his little brother running the point than he ever could with Nolan or Cobbs running the point. Westbrook is gone. It's now Devoe's team. He needs his brother. Hopefully blood wins out.

This could be an awesome team next year if CJ commits and we get the missing links back.

I like Cobb. And I think he has nice potential. He may feel bad that we're so actively recruiting a "position of need" at PG (C. Joseph) and he might not like that much. That said, he reminds me of Eric Harris, but betterQUOTE]

I wish I saw what you do in Cobbs. Only a Frsoh so anything is possible, but I don't see Cobs being anywhere close to what Harris was.

I've seen some good potential out of Cobbs. I'll be disappointed if he leaves (regardless of whether C-Joseph is coming here). He's a good game manager. I think he limits mistakes, and is a facilitator of the offense. Offensively he's still not where he needs to be in terms of scoring but I think he has some potential.

I've seen some good potential out of Cobbs. I'll be disappointed if he leaves (regardless of whether C-Joseph is coming here). He's a good game manager. I think he limits mistakes, and is a facilitator of the offense. Offensively he's still not where he needs to be in terms of scoring but I think he has some potential.

He has a LOT of bone headed turnovers. Just today he tried to push the ball 1 on 3 and turned it over. He doesn't play within himself and isn't playing with any confidence. That's a recipe for disaster. He could be a good senior, but he reminds me more of connell lewis than eric harris.

I hope he stays. I never want to see a good kid transfer. But if he wants to go home, no one can blame him. We certainly gained our share of transfers this way in the last decade.

Even if Cory Joseph does not come here Nolan is already out of his starting job. Devoe will be starting PG unless Cory comes. If Cory comes then it is the Joseph's in the backcourt

If CJ doesn't come and Nolen returns, Nolen will be running the point and Devoe will be at the 2. That combination was not on the floor together much this year- usually Westbrook was running with Nolen. With Nolen's defense and some improvement in his offense he and Devoe could be a great backcourt next year.

Top Bottom