History tells me

Pewterschmidt

Reaction score
that we're out. That's the life of a Gopher fan and a Minnesota sports fan in general. Don't hate me for being the messanger but even though the Gophers might be deserving, what can go wrong will go wrong. I fully expect that when the final bubble spot in the last region will be annouced that the Gopher nation (waiting anxiously unnecessarily) will be disappointed only to see Miss St or VA Tech's name to come up and not the Gophers.

For those with expectations, set them low. It makes the kick in the balls less painful.

The Gophers should be in but since Miss St took Kentucky to OT and Utah St and UTEP forgot how to play while considering the unbelievable lucky streak by OSU in the 2nd half by missing hardly any shots, the Gophers are out.

Again, what can go wrong as a Minnesota sports fan will go wrong. That's why I'll be shocked (and extremely happy) if history proves me wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Gophers don't get in either but the win yesterday should be enough and with VA Tech losing early in their tourney helps and it should not matter that Miss St took Kentucky to OT they still loss and a loss is loss regardless if by 1 or 29.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Gophers don't get in either but the win yesterday should be enough and with VA Tech losing early in their tourney helps and it should not matter that Miss St took Kentucky to OT they still loss and a loss is loss regardless if by 1 or 29.

Not when Dan Guerrero said earlier today that they will watch today's games to see who pasts the eye ball test.

Of course OSU has an historic shooting streak in the 2nd half when that's basically the only thing that can exclude the Gophers. That's what it is to be a Minnesota sports fan...always a heartbreaking and improbable way to end something. The teams get our hopes up only to crash faster than anything imaginable.

A loss is a loss. If close losses meant anything this year we are a 5 seed. Still - I'm worried.

Call me negative because that's what I am right now. This sucks. I can't think of a worse outcome today and the thing that sucks is we just played against a team on one of the greatest hot streaks I've ever seen and that's the only thing that could knock us out.

I can justify that it was just the wrong day to play OSU and we should be in but the way it works as a Minnesota sports fan is the committee will look at the final score coupled with the unluckiness of the bubble-bursting NM St and Houston and it will be too much for our jinx to overcome.

it won't be a shock if they don't get in but if the "eye ball test" is what they were looking for then yesterday should have counted too.

it won't be a shock if they don't get in but if the "eye ball test" is what they were looking for then yesterday should have counted too.

That's the thing...Miss St plays Kentucky to OT and gets incredibly lucky while the Gophers hit a run away train on the same day. I fully expect the committee to have a very short memory. That's just what happens to us.

I'll jump up and down if we somehow get in but that's not what happens to us(me) if history is a judge. The thing is I'm incredibly fortunate in everything in my life and I get the feeling like one of my greatest passions is the equalizer to keep balance. I'm sure many on the board feel the same way.

Do you pixies live for this stuff? It's supposed to be fun. Either it's the Dance or it's the NIT. The season ain't over and next year looks bright. Do you guys get paid for worrying yourselves into early graves?

Not only am I wrong (and history), I think the Gophers have one of the best draws I could imagine.

Reverse jinx?

My wife was mad at me how loud I cheered after I heard Minnesota announced. This can't be right...I'm perplexed that the Gophers not only got what they deserved, but better.

Top Bottom