Thad Matta.... classless

I half agree. Matta is a d-bag. Having said that, I don't have a problem with his strategy in this game. Just how it goes in games that are like this.

And jacking up 3's with under a minute and a half.

Classless

Well, to be perfectly honest, Ohio State has never been known for their classy behavior. All the care about over there is wins, wins and more wins.

I wish Nance and Kellogg would take off their scarlet kneepads for even a minute

Tell you what, up 27 w/2 min left, pressing, keeping starters in, including Turner...pretty low IMO.

Put this in the memory bank. They did everything they could to run up the score.

Then stop them! I have a problem with how we played, not anything tOSU did.

It's like he tried to knock us out of the NCAA's...

We should remember this when he doesn't have the #2 pick to make him look good.

How do any of you getting off making fun of Ohio State athletics because all it worries about is winning. Remember, you're from MINNESOTA. Jealousy is a tough emotion to deal with

Any chance we get to run up the score on Thad in the future, go all Brett Favre on them ala the Cowboys playoff game

How do any of you getting off making fun of Ohio State athletics because all it worries about is winning. Remember, you're from MINNESOTA. Jealousy is a tough emotion to deal with

Because that is literally ALL they care about. Nothing more, nothing less. If you win, everything is always okay in Ohio. Trust me on this, I've known coaches from Ohio that are both Buckeye fans and Buckeye haters and they have flat told me that they excel in covering up things out there.

Having said that, Ohio State is clearly the better team and played just about a perfect game. They are certainly a deserving Big Ten Tournament champion. Do I see them as a threat in the NCAAs? Not really. But they were definitely the best team in the conference tourney this season.

Matta is a d-bag. Yeah, we need to play better but they were clearly pouring it on. Tubby and Izzo would never have kept pouring it on in a similar situation. Looking forward to their visit to the barn next year.

Matta is a d-bag. Yeah, we need to play better buy they were clearly pouring it on. Tubby and Izzo would never have kept pouring it onina similar situation. Looking forward to their visit to the barn next year.

I totally agree. Tubby and Izzo and Painter wouldn't try to humiliate a fellow league member who was fighting to get in the tourney. Play hard, yes, but yesterday, Tubby shut it down a lot sooner and didn't try to get back-court turnovers while up over twenty.

The starters (other than Lauderdale) always play 40 minutes unless they get in foul trouble - they were out the last 1:25, so that's more time on the bench than usual. No point in giving the other team any chance to come back and beat you. The only thing I thought was unusual was when the OSU walk-ons and benchwarmers came in, they took quick shots instead of holding the ball and running the clock out, but they never play so maybe you can excuse them for wanting to get some points in a Big Ten tourney game.

The starters (other than Lauderdale) always play 40 minutes unless they get in foul trouble - they were out the last 1:25, so that's more time on the bench than usual. No point in giving the other team any chance to come back and beat you. The only thing I thought was unusual was when the OSU walk-ons and benchwarmers came in, they took quick shots instead of holding the ball and running the clock out, but they never play so maybe you can excuse them for wanting to get some points in a Big Ten tourney game.

Shut the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# up you know damn well your team's intentions

Give me a break...Matta typically plays the starters and presses when you're up by 30 with 2 min left?

Please.

i personally loved how matta was talking *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# to the michigan coach after turner hit that shot, horrible coach dirty program will get those good players though, let them have fun until their program is taken down from sanctions, it'll happen eventually, matta is up there with calipari

Right, leave the starters in, press, shoot 3's, all with a 30 point lead and under 2 minutes left. Ohio State, what a bunch of dirtbags. Suddenly Wisconsin and Iowa seem tame compared to you pricks.

I would have simply agreed if you had said "that's how we normally play."

The rest of this strains credibility. There was NO chance the Gophers were coming back in the final five minutes, so that argument is really reaching.

As for the walk-ons scoring, I don't have a problem with it. It was up to our guys to keep playing as well. But to keep the starters in that long was a little bit over the top imo.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." -- Vince Lombardi

It's like he tried to knock us out of the NCAA's...

We should remember this when he doesn't have the #2 pick to make him look good.

Well, he recruited the #2 pick to play for him, so give credit where it is due there. The guy is a very good recruiter.

They flat out kicked our tails today. If the Gophers don't like getting the score run up, then play some freaking D and stop them. This is division one NCAA basketball.

The game just got out of hand at the end - it's not like OSU was leading by 20 to 30 the whole game - it was still a close game with 10 minutes left, so they just stuck with their gameplan apparently. Sorry it bothers you. I wish the bench would play a little more, but I can't control it. Matta was not saying anything to the Michigan bench - if you watched the tape closely, you'd see Matta emphatically making the "basket counts" gesture - he was arguing to the refs that the shot counted because they were going to the monitors to review it, nothing more, nothing less.

Top Bottom