Trouble brewing out west...New Mexico St up on Utah State w/4 min left...

I talked about Utah St in another thread. They have a good record and thats about it. They shouldnt be as much of a "lock" as people have been talking about. Our resume is easily better than theirs

There really is a conflict of issue for some of these mid-majors. Utah State essentially stands to gain tens of thousands of dollars by losing this game and getting the conference a second bid. That's technically true in the major conferences too at times. But it's a lot bigger deal to the athletic budgets of schools like UTEP and Utah State

Does anyone honestly think Utah State will get a bid? They have one good win over BYU.

I think they will sneak in, but they are not in over the Gophers. They have a good RPI and good record but have beaten 1 tournament team (BYU) and have 4 or 5 bad losses. UTEP is going to be the one unhappy because they didnt win the C-USA tournament.

I still think we're safe. Wouldn't be surprised to see us get a 10 seed even if we lose tomorrow. We just have looked that good lately.

True...this game probably knocked IL out more than us...IL is in big trouble.

I think we may be worrying way too much. But that's just the tendency as fans for a team on the Bubble. How could they send Utah State over the Gophers who have beaten the likes of Michigan state, ohio state, Butler, Purdue, @ Illinois, Wisconsin. Pretty sure Utah State doesn't pass the "eye test" either like the gophers do. :)

I think we may be worrying way too much. But that's just the tendency as fans for a team on the Bubble. How could they send Utah State over the Gophers who have beaten the likes of Michigan state, ohio state, Butler, Purdue, @ Illinois, Wisconsin. Pretty sure Utah State doesn't pass the "eye test" either like the gophers do. :)

I agree. The Gophers have more quality, resume building wins in the last two days than Utah State has all season!

Top Bottom