How's this for respect?

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Quotes from the halftime highlights during the WAC finals.

"blah blah blah no Robbie Hummel"
(O.K. that is not a direct quote, I added the blah blah blah)

"Purdue, defensively, just lost"

A scant acknowledgement that CI scored 11, surprise that RSIII made a pass.

Sorry...probably over-reacting, and just want to vent.

Let's be honest. We don't win this game in this manner if Hummel is playing. But there is no need for our squad to apologize. We played the guys Purdue put on the floor and kicked their ass. Happy as hell for our team!

How does this game play out with Hummel suited up for Purdue and Mbakwe, White and Nolen playing for the Gophers? The "what if's" are a pathetic attempt to discredit accomplishments...enough said.

I didn't watch any ball after our game today, so I didn't hear any of those comments...but who cares. That's the same crap I heard as a Purdue fan all season long until Rob got hurt, despite beating Tennessee at full strength and annihilating West Virginia. Big Ten teams get no respect and that's just the way it's going to be. All the mainstream media ever does is come up with excuse after excuse of why Big Ten teams can't succeed. Screw that and screw them. Prove them wrong.

How does this game play out with Hummel suited up for Purdue and Mbakwe, White and Nolen playing for the Gophers? The "what if's" are a pathetic attempt to discredit accomplishments...enough said.

No one is out to discredit the Gophers.. and it's not a 'what if' situation. Rather, you've got a team with a #6 rating that clearly isn't currently #6 in the nation in anyone's eyes. If you are the media, you'd be a fool not to point out that Purdue is a far different team than their ranking on the television monitor might indicate.

Let's be honest. We don't win this game in this manner if Hummel is playing. But there is no need for our squad to apologize. We played the guys Purdue put on the floor and kicked their ass. Happy as hell for our team!

Not completely sure I agree with that. This was one of those games where in the first half, everything went the Gophers way (Sampson was consistently hitting 15-20 ft jumpers for God's sake!), and while having Hummel would have changed some of that, I just don't know how much.

Purdue isn't some mid-major with 1 major player and no one else. Remember they have two All Big-Ten performers in Moore and Johnson on the floor for most of the 1st half and they managed 11 points. I agree that with Hummel, Purdue beats us 8 times out of 10, but even with Hummel in the lineup Purdue might have lost *this* game.

When the media types discredit MN because they beat a Hummel-less Purdue, I certainly hope they remember to then also discredit Illinois for beating a Michigan State team without Kalin Lucas and for beating a Wisconsin team without Jon Leuer.

Injuries are part of it.

The Gophers won by 27.

No one is out to discredit the Gophers.. and it's not a 'what if' situation. Rather, you've got a team with a #6 rating that clearly isn't currently #6 in the nation in anyone's eyes. If you are the media, you'd be a fool not to point out that Purdue is a far different team than their ranking on the television monitor might indicate.

Hummel didn't get hurt yesterday. Purdue has held their ranking in spite of the injury and a couple of questionable outings, so . . .

When the media types discredit MN because they beat a Hummel-less Purdue, I certainly hope they remember to then also discredit Illinois for beating a Michigan State team without Kalin Lucas and for beating a Wisconsin team without Jon Leuer.

Injuries are part of it.

The Gophers won by 27.

They beat Purdue with out Hummel, MSU without Allen. Also OSU without Turner and Wisconsin without Luer from what I hear on ESPN/CBS. So really, they hardly have any good wins at all. For all we know maybe Butler didn't have Matt Howard. And Illinois didn't have Chief Illiniwik on the sidelines, you know that effected them. Yes on second-thought the Gophers have no business anywhere near the bubble. ;)

I didn't watch any ball after our game today, so I didn't hear any of those comments...but who cares. That's the same crap I heard as a Purdue fan all season long until Rob got hurt, despite beating Tennessee at full strength and annihilating West Virginia. Big Ten teams get no respect and that's just the way it's going to be. All the mainstream media ever does is come up with excuse after excuse of why Big Ten teams can't succeed. Screw that and screw them. Prove them wrong.

So true, in football and basketball, the media love to hate the Big Ten.

By the way, I have no love for Purdue at all, but seeing 3 of your starters go down with injury certainly gives a sad feeling; Hummel in particular since it's such a bad injury. Good luck in the tourney, if Purdue makes it to the Sweet 16 after all of this it will be a major accomplishment.

Top Bottom