ESPN said we are 4-6 in top-50 games this year...

cncmin

Reaction score
...someone please tell me how we are 4-6 against top-50 competition when we've beaten:
Michigan State
Purdue
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Butler

and of course Illinois, who I think is not top-50. Is Butler the odd one out here? If so, that's amazing considering they've won their past 20 games.

What about out top-100 record?

I think the BTN just had us at 5-6 vs. Top 50 now.

I think ESPN was showing our resume coming into the day, not updated yet.

Lets hope the committee has somebody in their dispelling all the mis-information being slung about the Gophers record.

Yeah, it's definitely at least five top-50 wins right now. All of those teams are well within the RPI top-50.

Oddly enough, I think the Ohio State win isn't counted, because at the time, Turner was out, he had just come back his first game against the Gophers, and Ohio State had a bad record then.

If you look at ESPN Big Ten standings expanded, it shows there as well.

Yeah, it's definitely at least five top-50 wins right now. All of those teams are well within the RPI top-50.

Yeah so I guess it's just more misinformation from the national media today. Kellogg and Nance kept saying that we beat OSU without Turner (who played 38 mins in that game), Lavin apparently said that we beat Wisconsin without Leuer, and now ESPN says that we only have 4 top-50 wins. Seems like an anti-Minnesota false propaganda parade; similar to talk radio.

Top Bottom