Predict the Score against tOSU on Sunday -- 2:30 Deadline

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
Given the short time before the next game, I'll take predictions up to 2:30 (tip-off time).

And, due to the short span of time and a hardware glitch on my side, standings will not be published until after the game on Sunday (when our run in the tournament comes to a triumphant end).

Predictions must be submitted by tip-off. Predict which team will win and the final score in the correct format

Please put your moniker, the winning team and the score on one line like this:
MN Snowman: Gophers 72-70

Your prediction will be excluded from the competition if you do not follow the format

_______________________________________________​

The winner gets listed in the "Roll of Honor" thus earning adulation and testimonies galore.

I also calculate and publish season-long standings (click here for the Small Print and more details). Due to MikieS's string of wins, the rest of us are probably fighting over 2nd - 10th place but what the heck.

You win this game's competition if you predict the exact score -- it's happened once on the basketball board. If nobody predicts the exact score, whoever picks the winning team and is closest to the exact score wins. (See Small Print for how that's calculated.) Please note what happens if there are picks with the same score differential and how we resolve this for both the game predictions and for the season standings. (We've had several ties for first place in the past with the accompanying wailing, renting and gnashing by those who just miss out for the game in question.)

Again -- your prediction needs to include your moniker (screen name) followed on the same line with the team you think will win and the score. I automate the data entry process as much as possible -- that's why it helps if everyone uses the requested format:
moniker Team xx - xx

example: MNSnowman: Gophers 80-70

If everyone uses their moniker, this format and consistent names for the teams, it's easy and fast to transfer the data to a spreadsheet used to track predictions.

If it's not in the right format, it will not be included. (The biggest reason for not getting your pick counted is not putting your moniker in the prediction and/or not identifying the winning team and/or putting the info on more than one line.)

Even if you don't win this game's prediction, you'll garner valuable points in the Predict the Score Contest as long as you pick the winning team. Note: if you're a fan of the opposing team, I'll include your prediction but won't include you in the standings as you're a "One-game Johnny -- or Joannie" ... :D

Summary of Predictions

Rick Mons: Gophers 73-71

z-stein: Gophers 75-58

XMan: Gophers 67-62

Rodents 65, cockeyes 64

Iverson does a windmill 360 reverse dunk with 0.001 secs left to give us a new piece of decoration for the BARN!

PS. i have a new man crush. Anyone from Yankton SD has to be cool, right? i feel like he shoud have a six-shooter and chaps, ala Doc Holiday

Top Bottom