One Key Improvement that Tubby's Made

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the improved conditioning of this team as compared to teams 4 or more years ago? It kind of sneaked up on me but I was reflecting on how this team seems to be able to sustain their energy throughout the game ... which wasn't the case before Tubby came here.

(I thought it was particularly evident in the Michigan State game but it's been that way since Tubby came here.)

Before Tubby, we used to complain about how the teams just didn't seem to have any gas in the tank at the end of games.

conditioning

I hadn't thought about that but you are right. It seemed like they had to reach deep to find that energy at the end of the game and it was hit or miss. I'd even say they have gotten stronger too.

I know, its yesterday's news, but I just can't help recalling Monson's bizzare offensive scheme--or lack there of which feeded into that frenzied type of play...

And this is all with the tightened rotation. These kids got some lungs.

Great point Rick Mons. I hadn't thought about it either but you are dead on.

Speaking of improvement...our half court offense has improved ten-fold over the past 3-4 weeks and it's in large part due to an inside presence as that is imperative in Tubby's offense.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom