Gopher baseball stinks

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Just another crappy athletic team at the U. Swept by the Big East, losses to Akron, UW-Milwaukee and Loyola Marymount...what? It's not even mid-March!!!!

I think most people expected this as they lost a whole bunch of talent from last years team. This team is still young and I expect them to be much better by the end of the year.

I see BGF is up to his normal. BigGopherFan knows all, sees all, complains about Gophers constantly, does nothing. Typical.

I see BGF is up to his normal. BigGopherFan knows all, sees all, complains about Gophers constantly, does nothing. Typical.

Sorry, my bad! Gopher baseball rocks! We'll just shake off three consecutive losses to Big East teams (powerhouse conference — not!), Loyola-Marymount, UW-Milwaukee and Akron. Next time I won't write anything unless it's a pro-Gopher comment. I forgot the rules.

BGF...At least you are consistent... Never hear from you when the Gophers win anything, such as the Men's Indoor Conference Title in track and field. Keep it up loser.

BGF...At least you are consistent... Never hear from you when the Gophers win anything, such as the Men's Indoor Conference Title in track and field. Keep it up loser.

Is this a joke? Men's Indoor Track and Field conference title is what you're claiming for athletic program success. I ran track in college and I still don't care!
Well, here you have it: Nice job to the Men's Indoor Track and Field team for winning the Big Ten Conference title! Good luck at Nationals!

Unless you're monitoring every post I've submitted (and I hope you're not because that's creepy as hell), you can't say I only post negative things. That simply isn't true. It's not like there has been a tone to cheer about around here too.

I went to the game yesterday and they played pretty well I thought. T.J. Oakes looked great in his first career start. It's still early

Unless you're monitoring every post I've submitted (and I hope you're not because that's creepy as hell), you can't say I only post negative things. That simply isn't true. It's not like there has been a tone to cheer about around here too.

no, actually dr. don has pinned you just about perfectly. you are nothing but a lame "act" (just like that jerk art vandelay).......and a horrible, insufferable person to boot (just like art vandelay).

have a nice day! :)

Sorry, my bad! Gopher baseball rocks! We'll just shake off three consecutive losses to Big East teams (powerhouse conference — not!), Loyola-Marymount, UW-Milwaukee and Akron. Next time I won't write anything unless it's a pro-Gopher comment. I forgot the rules.

lol :horse:

Dude its baseball. Did you follow any games or are you here just to piss and moan? We gave up a walk off homer to a Louisville team that may well be in the top ten at the end of the season, having stranded several go-ahead runs at third. We missed a walk-off by inches against a hot St Johns team (easily the biggest surprise performers in the Big East/Ten tourney). The ball doesn't always bounce your way, thats why they play series typically. Granted we looked pretty bad against the UWM Panthers and the OSU Cowboys, but we did a good job against Northwestern and thankfully will have a bunch of Big Ten teams to beat up while we figure things out until June.

This year in baseball will likely pale in terms of disappointment in expectations-to-results-ratio experienced by Lucia's or Tubby's squads. You want disappointment on epic scales, wait till year 4 of the Brewster regime and the toughest strength of schedule since um, ever.

This year in baseball will likely pale in terms of disappointment in expectations-to-results-ratio experienced by Lucia's or Tubby's squads. You want disappointment on epic scales, wait till year 4 of the Brewster regime and the toughest strength of schedule since um, ever.

I don't know, it's awfully tough to disappoint when there's no expectations.

Back to the original point....aside from the volleyball team, it's been a pretty rotten year for Gopher sports. New Sears Cup standings are out on Thursday, don't think we'll be seeing Minnesota in its customary top 5-10 position.

While I don't agree with the BigGopherfan very often and find his/her penchant for touting their inherently superior intellect when it comes to sports lame as all get out, I would agree this has been a pretty disappointing year for Gopher sports. Of course, the volleyball team, the men's track team and women's hockey have all had solid years (actually, pretty hard to argue against the job coach Hebert does with volleyball year-in and year-out.)

But this year has seen an awful lot of disappointing efforts from teams all over campus. Of all of them, I'm most worried about men's hockey, which is going on three consecutive years of embracing mediocrity at every turn. As for men's basketball and football, I'm not really sure how much faith I have in Brewster at this point. As for Tubby, this is one year where things have been pretty disappointing on several levels and for several reasons, some of which could not have been controlled. So, I'll give him a pass. Lucia and Brewster? I'll have to get back to you on those two.

Just another crappy athletic team at the U. Swept by the Big East, losses to Akron, UW-Milwaukee and Loyola Marymount...what? It's not even mid-March!!!!

biggest_whiner.jpg

My, my, my....

no, actually dr. don has pinned you just about perfectly. you are nothing but a lame "act" (just like that jerk art vandelay).......and a horrible, insufferable person to boot (just like art vandelay).

have a nice day! :)

Yowee! Pull that deer out of the woods and gut it!

I agree with you to a point!

The Gophers have been dissappointing this season, but the season is way too young. I think pitching will not be the problem. The main problem will be hitting. Last year as a team we had a 315 batting average while this year it's 270. We hit 55 homeruns last year while this year we are on pace to hit 25. Guys need to step up and start hitting the ball. The season is way to young to say Armagedon has come. It's been a dissappointing start but not time to jump off the bridge yet.

The Gophers have been dissappointing this season, but the season is way too young. I think pitching will not be the problem. The main problem will be hitting. Last year as a team we had a 315 batting average while this year it's 270. We hit 55 homeruns last year while this year we are on pace to hit 25. Guys need to step up and start hitting the ball. The season is way to young to say Armagedon has come. It's been a dissappointing start but not time to jump off the bridge yet.

Good point. But there is something to remember here: BigGopherFan excels at predicting Armageddon and wanting to jump off a bridge. It's what he does and he does it well.

Wins thus far

2 over Akron
1 over Northwestern
1 over St Thomas (DIII)
1 over Harvard

Not exactly the stuff of a NCAA playoff team.

Tuesday-Wednesday.. NDSU vs GOPHS at Dome, we'll see you there!

ps.- we lost to illinois 4-10 today. but have beat central michigan haha.

It's funny when fans of other teams(NDSUBison) know that all BGF does is complain complain complain.

Congrats Gophers on your Big Ten title!

Give him a break, he's such a Big Gopher Fan that he's still celebrating the Gophers Big Ten Championship, and hasn't had time to post about his error. :D

Otherwise, he'd have a double serving of crow to eat.

CROW CASSEROLE

1/2 dozen crow breasts
1 qt. sauerkraut
1/2 dozen strips bacon
1/3 c. chopped onion

In skillet brown the crow breasts, then place them on a 1 1/2" layer of sauerkraut in bottom of a casserole. Cover each piece of meat with a strip of bacon and sprinkle the onion over them. Cover the breast with another layer of sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut juice over it. Bake two hours in oven heated to 350 degrees.

Rodent: simpler recipe here... nail crow to a board, grill on charcoal until tender, throw away crow and eat the board.

If you must eat crow, it ought to be delicious. I would think that any Gopher fan who posted that the Gopher baseball team sucks ought to be eating some delicious crow at winning the conference: if they are a Gopher fan at all.

Funny he hasnt retracted his statement yet. Must still be busy eating that crow.

He'd be eating crow of his statement was an honest assessment instead of merely smack talking.

They did stink when he posted this, that's why they're a 4 seed in the tournament rather than a 3.

They were young and improved during the year. Something we're not used to at the U, as usually our teams peak at the beginning of the seasons and then tank when the Big Ten rolls around.

They did stink when he posted this, that's why they're a 4 seed in the tournament rather than a 3.

They were young and improved during the year. Something we're not used to at the U, as usually our teams peak at the beginning of the seasons and then tank when the Big Ten rolls around.

I don't think anybody disagrees that the team struggled early on and in that regard, there may have been some element of truth to the original post. Having said that, folks are poking fun at a poster that has often made blanket statements that are proven to be utterly foolish, completely wrong and always negative while maintaining a level of arrogance that is quite amusing. When somebody establishes such a track record, they're almost begging to be ripped. And that's what is and will continue to happen to said poster.

Top Bottom