PDA

View Full Version : Gophers baseball at Target Field

RodentRampage
02-23-2010, 01:59 PM
The Gophers are scheduled to play a game at Target Field against Louisiana Tech in March, does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for this game? I looked at Gophersports.com, and the only mention I could find was on the schedule. You would think that Gophersports would be highlighting this. I'd like to get some good seats rather than get them late because the U very quietly put them on sale before I find out.

Sometimes it seems Gophersports.com leaves out a lot of information, I tried to look up Spring Game information for the football and volleyball teams, and there was no information that I could find.

Lincoln gopher
02-23-2010, 02:26 PM
The Gophers are scheduled to play a game at Target Field against Louisiana Tech in March, does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for this game? I looked at Gophersports.com, and the only mention I could find was on the schedule. You would think that Gophersports would be highlighting this. I'd like to get some good seats rather than get them late because the U very quietly put them on sale before I find out.

Sometimes it seems Gophersports.com leaves out a lot of information, I tried to look up Spring Game information for the football and volleyball teams, and there was no information that I could find.

I doubt you will have to worry about getting good seats.

RodentRampage
02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I don't know, there should be a good number of people who will go just because of the chance to go to a game at Target Field before it opens for the Twins. The U should be hyping this game up like crazy. So no one has any idea when the tickets will go on sale?

LesBolstad
02-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Tickets will all be $8 general admission and go on sale approx. 3/8

Gopher Gold
02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Tickets will all be $8 general admission and go on sale approx. 3/8

Thank you! Cant wait for this game and to see Target Field.

rrjackIII
02-24-2010, 05:34 AM
I called Gopher Ticket office a while back and they said tickets will be handled by Target Field. Gopher Website will announce when they are available but IIRC will not handle any ticket sales.

Maximus
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Tickets on sale the day of the game only
$2 General Admission
Game at 1 p.m.
Ticket Office opens at 8 a.m.
Stadium will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. so people can walk around

Target Field Game Details (http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204894957)

RodentRampage
03-23-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm pumped for this game. An early look at baseball at Target Field, great publicity for the Gophers, should get national coverage. I intend to get there early to get good seats, it depends how early I drag myself out of bed. A friend of mine works downtown and has a parking spot near the stadium. I'm interested in seeing what kind of fine stadium cuisine they have. I don't want much, just a world-class hot dog.

rrjackIII
03-28-2010, 05:55 AM
I thought Target Field was gonna be great - but it was far better than I thought it would be. I went for the 2 hour tour - I did not wait for the Gopher Game.

One thing I noticed - watch out if you sit behind home plate just beyond the protective screen - I would suggest wearing a catchers mask and keeping your eye on the ball. I believe some seated non-screen protected fans would be sitting closer to home plate than some players seated in the dugout who have a protective screen in front of them. IIRC if you draw a straight line from 3rd base to home plate and straight back to the stands --- there is no screen protection. I have never seen anything like this. They should look into increasing the screen protection area.

RodentRampage
03-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Target Field is fantastic. I hope the Gophers can play more games there, such as when the Twins are on the road, keep the dome games to a minimum. During the game, I tried out views from all over the stadium, even in the real nosebleed seats, it was great.

Tiki Owl
03-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I see the Gophers counted everyone who went to Target Field in their attendance for Saturday. With those +35K they might sneak into the top 50 in attendance for 2010.

2009 top 50 schools in attendance:
http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/baseball_RB/2010/attendance.pdf

Ron Johnson Super Fan
03-31-2010, 03:59 AM
It should also make #2 on the top attended regular season games of all time.

RodentRampage
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
What would #1 be? It was a great crowd, I thought it would be a record for Gophers baseball.

I think it would be great if we could get more games there, when the Twins are on the road. Until there's a new Gopher Stadium, play the early games at the Dome, and then play games at Target Field when the Twins are on the road.

Ron Johnson Super Fan
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
What would #1 be? It was a great crowd, I thought it would be a record for Gophers baseball.

I think it would be great if we could get more games there, when the Twins are on the road. Until there's a new Gopher Stadium, play the early games at the Dome, and then play games at Target Field when the Twins are on the road.

Definitely a record for Gopher baseball. I meant #2 in all of college baseball, per the list in the attendance records attached to an above post.