Gopher baseball

Lincoln gopher

Reaction score
I see the Gophers will be in Florida the next 2 weekends. Has there been any news on the rotation for the first weekend?

The Daily Gopher has posted a nice preview this afternoon.

I noticed this year that Siebert field is not listed as a site for any games on the schedule at gophersports.com. Has the old girl finally given up the ghost?

I noticed this year that Siebert field is not listed as a site for any games on the schedule at gophersports.com. Has the old girl finally given up the ghost?

I thought I had heard that because the Twins officially moved to Target Field, the Gophers were going to use the Metrodome as their permanent home until the new baseball field is completed. I could be wrong on that one, but that's something I thought I had heard somewhere.

Pretty good recap, except nothing is mentioned about the incoming freshman. They will play a big part in the pitching staff. Mr. J is correct, games will be at the Dome while the new field is being worked on.

I thought I had heard that because the Twins officially moved to Target Field, the Gophers were going to use the Metrodome as their permanent home until the new baseball field is completed. I could be wrong on that one, but that's something I thought I had heard somewhere.

All but 1 home game this year will be play in the Metrodome. the 1 game that is not, is a game at Target field.

Metrodome

I think the Metrodome was a good move by Anderson. It gives the Gophers a greater home field advantage. The fast playing surface and the white ceiling can give visting teams problems at times. Plus the Gophers have a big enough stadium to host in the NCAA tournament. Until we get a new stadium it was a good move by Anderson.

The pitching ration to start the season this year is Rosin, Rassmussen, and Bechenstien. I was suprised not to see Oakes, Lubinsky, or Fern not making it to the starting rotation. If those three starters do well then we will have a really strong bullpen.

When do the tickets go on sale for the game at Target Field?

Playing at the Metrodome has its advantages early in the season, as it allows home games, but once the weather is nice outside, it's like watching a game in a tomb, with the smaller crowds that college baseball has. It's dreary enough for Twins games, which have a lot more people.

Top Bottom