Wisconsin

GopherRube

Reaction score
is beating up on Purdue right now. They look like a completely different team than the one the gophers played in West Lafayette

is beating up on Purdue right now. They look like a completely different team than the one the gophers played in West Lafayette

I wonder WHY...could it be that they didn't get every call their way this game? I saw Wisconsin get two cheap calls their way, but I also saw Purdue get a questionable technical call their way too. I didn't see any obvious bias.

It sucks too, because we need Purdue to beat everyone else - this would put Wisconsin easily in prime position to go to the Tourney (taking a spot from us, possibly).

Bo Ryan gets more out of his players than any other coach in the big ten. It makes me sick! Wisc. is threatening to run away from Purdue.

The calls for Wisconsin in the second half have been worse than for Purdue in the Minnesota game by a long shot. Terrible.

Bo Ryan gets more out of his players than any other coach in the big ten. It makes me sick! Wisc. is threatening to run away from Purdue.

Wisconsin's recruits are every bit as good as Purdue's. I don't get why everyone thinks this.

It obvious that Wisconsin studied that game tape of the MN-Purdue game and of course, the ref bias is canceled out in this kind of game (Bo is gonna get his and so will Painter).

With all the Minnesota kids on the Badgers, I'm pulling for the "upset."

The Gophers have to play their way into the tournament or it's just another "one and done" scenario. I think Gophers match up well against the Badgers at home in February. Gophers just have to win that match to put themselves in position (and also beat Purdue at home).

Gotta love the game Jordan Taylor is playing regardless of the border rivalry.

burns

The calls for Wisconsin in the second half have been worse than for Purdue in the Minnesota game by a long shot. Terrible.

Wisconsin's recruits are every bit as good as Purdue's. I don't get why everyone thinks this.

What burns me the most ( not counting Bo's constant whining and pouting at the refs ), are the Minnesota kids with WISCONSIN on their damn jersey.

I hope Tubby slams that damn door shut!

Wisconsin is going to kill us if we don't get tougher soon.

The scary part is that Leuer only had 4 pts on 2/15 shooting.

JT played a heck of a game.

Purdue did not hit their free throws and got behind early in the second half. No surprise Purdue lost with the way Moore and Triple J shot their free throws. We still had a shot late, but Johnson missed a jumper he makes 8 out of 10 times which would have brought us to within 4 with two minutes to go. Just wasn't meant to be.

Wisc/Pur

I thinks its callled playing on the road in the Big 10

.. and by the waythe Purdue/Gopher game the score was 24-20 Gophs at one time after that Purdue hammered us plain and simple... Dont blame the refs- loser blame refs...

I am sure in the rematch on that thurs night in Feb we will get some home cooking calls against Purdue...

Purdue did not hit their free throws and got behind early in the second half. No surprise Purdue lost with the way Moore and Triple J shot their free throws. We still had a shot late, but Johnson missed a jumper he makes 8 out of 10 times which would have brought us to within 4 with two minutes to go. Just wasn't meant to be.

Tough L for Boilers but Wisky is tough to beat in Madison.

I wonder WHY...could it be that they didn't get every call their way this game? I saw Wisconsin get two cheap calls their way, but I also saw Purdue get a questionable technical call their way too. I didn't see any obvious bias.

It sucks too, because we need Purdue to beat everyone else - this would put Wisconsin easily in prime position to go to the Tourney (taking a spot from us, possibly).

Still whining 4 days later?

I guess it's safe to say you've never been to a game at the Barn?

I hate to say this, but I am wishing my best for Wisky this season. They are legit. They have been more consistent and more solid than we have so far. If we become a bubble, the last BT team I wanna see on the bubble watch is Wisky. I hope they finish in the top 4 at least (and top 25) such that they don't float as a bubble. Since we beat OSU today, our only meeting with them at the Barn will be significant for us, and we have a good chance to beat them. In that sense, it will do us good or at least better if Wisky does well this season -- asssuming that we beat them at the Barn.

Just wanted to say I love the Roland Brooks name choice. Roland's jump shot was awesome in an interesting way. There is a little Roland Brooks in Paul Carter's game.

What burns me the most ( not counting Bo's constant whining and pouting at the refs ), are the Minnesota kids with WISCONSIN on their damn jersey.

I hope Tubby slams that damn door shut!

I'm sure we all do, but you can't really can you? How many rides are available to hand out each year versus Minnesota kids with enough potential to play B10 ball?

First, how can you say Wisconsin has been consistent when they lost to UW-Green Bay and were absolutely pathetic offensively versus Michigan State?

Also, Tubby has not lost a single recruit to Wisconsin. Berggren and Taylor were committed to the Badgers by the time Tubby was hired and Minnesota did not offer Bruesewitz(sp?).

Wisconsin won at home. No big surprise. Under Bo, Wisconsin has only lost 5 Big Ten games at the Kohl Center. One was to our very own Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Still whining 4 days later?

I guess it's safe to say you've never been to a game at the Barn?

Are you insane? I've watched many many basketball games in my life. Two involving the Gophers in the past two years were absolutely terribly reffed - last year's game at Wisconsin (which the Gophers won), and this year's game at Purdue.

It's nice to see you fools whining when you don't get all the calls when someone who manipulates the refs more than Painter owns Painter in the whining department. That's a taste of your own medicine. You should note that the reffing in that first half was just fine today. In the second half it wasn't that bad either, but favored Wisconsin a bit. Comparing today's game with Tuesday's game in terms of ref favoritism, however, is simply assinine; and you damn well know it.

It's really, really difficult to beat a team that frequently goes to the free throw line for cheap calls, especially if they make their free throws. You guys learned that today. Too bad.

Are you insane? I've watched many many basketball games in my life. Two involving the Gophers in the past two years were absolutely terribly reffed - last year's game at Wisconsin (which the Gophers won), and this year's game at Purdue.

It's nice to see you fools whining when you don't get all the calls when someone who manipulates the refs more than Painter owns Painter in the whining department. That's a taste of your own medicine. You should note that the reffing in that first half was just fine today. In the second half it wasn't that bad either, but favored Wisconsin a bit. Comparing today's game with Tuesday's game in terms of ref favoritism, however, is simply assinine; and you damn well know it.

It's really, really difficult to beat a team that frequently goes to the free throw line for cheap calls, especially if they make their free throws. You guys learned that today. Too bad.

I had no problems with the refs in the Purdue/Wisconsin game today. It's called playing on the road in the Big Ten, something you apprently can't grasp. Minnesota is not in the same universe as Purdue so please stop trying to spin a 19 point loss into something it wasn't.

Again, I have a vested interest in both programs so I can't be accused of being a complete unbiased homer.

I had no problems with the refs in the Purdue/Wisconsin game today. It's called playing on the road in the Big Ten, something you apprently can't grasp. Minnesota is not in the same universe as Purdue so please stop trying to spin a 19 point loss into something it wasn't.

Again, I have a vested interest in both programs so I can't be accused of being a complete unbiased homer.

Even your Purdue buddies on their boards, during the game, were giddy with the home cooking they had going on Tuesday. It's not Purdue's fault that they got that home cooking, it's Ed Hightower's. But the simple fact is, that was a horribly biased game. How you couldn't see that defies logic. As for Williams Arena, you'll have to show me my posts where I've ever said that the Gophers have zero advantage there. I don't think you'll find many, but you're welcome to look. Then come back and call me a simple homer.

If, during and after a NINETEEN-POINT GAME, the main topic of conversation on the two team's message boards is reffing, you should know that it's absolutely terrible. When reffing doesn't get mentioned in a game, then the refs did their job. They completely failed Tuesday. Go whine on the Purdue board if you want sympathy for today's game or what Gopher fans think of Tuesday's stinkfest.

Even your Purdue buddies on their boards, during the game, were giddy with the home cooking they had going on Tuesday. It's not Purdue's fault that they got that home cooking, it's Ed Hightower's. But the simple fact is, that was a horribly biased game. How you couldn't see that defies logic. As for Williams Arena, you'll have to show me my posts where I've ever said that the Gophers have zero advantage there. I don't think you'll find many, but you're welcome to look. Then come back and call me a simple homer.

If, during and after a NINETEEN-POINT GAME, the main topic of conversation on the two team's message boards is reffing, you should know that it's absolutely terrible. When reffing doesn't get mentioned in a game, then the refs did their job. They completely failed Tuesday. Go whine on the Purdue board if you want sympathy for today's game or what Gopher fans think of Tuesday's stinkfest.

Sympathy for today's game? Did you not read my previous post?

You seem to be the only one whining.

Sympathy for today's game? Did you not read my previous post?

You seem to be the only one whining.

You mean the one that contained this gem?:

Minnesota is not in the same universe as Purdue so please stop trying to spin a 19 point loss into something it wasn't.

Not in the same universe? LOL good one! Nah, put the Gophers up against the Boilers 100 times, I guarantee you Purdue wins 100 times, right? Da Ditka Bears! As for the 19-point loss, that would have been (and was) a close game without the bias. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the fact that Wisconsin beat the crap out of Purdue today says that your Boilers just aren't as good as you think they are. While the Gophers are not world-beaters, the Boilers didn't look any better today than the Gophers looked Tuesday (in fact, they looked nearly identical - couldn't shoot, couldn't make free throws, while the other team made all of their free throws), which was a 10-point game for most of the second half, just like today's UW/Purdue game. Take that for what it's worth.

Badger's/Boilers

Boiler99 is right. You have to play a level up to win on the road because there will be some home cooking from the refs. We don't play the Badger's at the Kohl Center and I think they will have trouble with Tubby's press 2. because other than Hughes and Taylor they don't have great ball handlers. The Boilers didn't have their "A" game going against the Badgers and Humel had a bad game. As far as the Gopher's and Purdue at the Barn. I'll just say Purdue is not 20 points better than the Gophers. If they play like they did against the Badger's the Gopher's will win.

Top Bottom