Westbrook

GopherNation

Reaction score
I know some of you don't like kfan, I for one love the Common Man. Anyways, I was browsing through his preposterous statements from 2009 and it brought me back to a quote I remember hearing from last year and thought it should be shared again, even though many of you have already heard it.

After the Gophers beat Wisconsin last year:

"I saw the way that the game was going and I know I can take over any game at any time, so I just put it upon myself" - Lawrence Westbrook

I loved the post-game interview after Penn State this year, where he talked about how he and Talor Battle were both great players and it was their time.

I don't know if I've ever heard someone refer to themselves as a great player in an interview before.

I don't know if I've ever heard someone refer to themselves as a great player in an interview before.
Are you new to listening to interviews of athletes?? :)
At least he doesn't refer to himself in the 3rd person.

I liked the one where one of the announcers said, "Colton Iverson is reminding us all of another Iverson...Allen Iverson."

Westbrook will be missed next year

While he may not be every thing he thinks he is...he is one of the few guys on the squad who can create and who also has the seeds to deliver in tight situations.

After the Gophers beat Wisconsin last year:

"I saw the way that the game was going and I know I can take over any game at any time, so I just put it upon myself" - Lawrence Westbrook

OK why aren't we undefeated Mr. Westbrook? :rolleyes:

Where were you during the Purdue game? Did you tweak your ego?

Sadly for the Gophers, sometimes his "taking the game over" means we lose when he goes 3 for 13 from the floor.

I have to say this...but I've never been a big fan of Westbrook. He can get hot, but he's just not consistent enough in my opinion and he rarely creates open looks for teammates.

I was hoping someone like Joseph would emerge to start eating into Westbrook's minutes. Thus far, it hasn't happened because Joseph's game hasn't improved much if at all. :-(

I think Westbrook, more than any other player will hold this team back and if we don't make the tourney, it will be on his shoulders.

Moses

...I think Westbrook, more than any other player will hold this team back and if we don't make the tourney, it will be on his shoulders.

Let me just say this about Westy...

I think Westbrook, more than any other player won the game at Madison last season and it was on his shoulders.

:clap::clap::clap:

No, he isnt Willie Burton and he isnt Bobby Jackson but he did beat Bo in Bo's house and I will always remember that!

Sadly for the Gophers, sometimes his "taking the game over" means we lose when he goes 3 for 13 from the floor.

I have to say this...but I've never been a big fan of Westbrook. He can get hot, but he's just not consistent enough in my opinion and he rarely creates open looks for teammates.

I was hoping someone like Joseph would emerge to start eating into Westbrook's minutes. Thus far, it hasn't happened because Joseph's game hasn't improved much if at all. :-(
I think Westbrook, more than any other player will hold this team back and if we don't make the tourney, it will be on his shoulders.

That seems accurate. At this point, should he not be really showing improvement? He was a top notch recruit, and Tubby is the coach. Time to step up.

It is quite obvious.

that the anti Westbrook quotes on here are from guys who never played anything but driveway basketball against their grandmother. If LW wasn't a "player" he'd be riding the pine,or have minutes like Bostick. But of course some of you know more than Tubby.:clap:

that the anti Westbrook quotes on here are from guys who never played anything but driveway basketball against their grandmother. If LW wasn't a "player" he'd be riding the pine,or have minutes like Bostick. But of course some of you know more than Tubby.:clap:

It's clear that Westbrook has a huge ego--but for the most part he backs it up by taking/making shots that most guys on this team can't handle.

He was a big part of the win today (despite a few "Westbrooky" type mishaps). Westbrook has definitely learned to share the ball better and is getting tougher on the defensive end of the ball.

Think it's time to put away the paddle...

Westbrook is probably.......

not as good as he thinks he is, but he is tough minded...and we need more of that. That's what Joseph lacks in my view, he's just gotta be stronger, with the ball, going to the basket, and on defense.

Westbrook will make some plays that leave you shaking your head, but he'll make a bunch that will have you nodding too.

He, Nolen, and Hoff have some good chemistry right now...and we aren't going any further than they take us.

Lefty

not as good as he thinks he is, but he is tough minded...and we need more of that. That's what Joseph lacks in my view, he's just gotta be stronger, with the ball, going to the basket, and on defense.

Westbrook will make some plays that leave you shaking your head, but he'll make a bunch that will have you nodding too.

He, Nolen, and Hoff have some good chemistry right now...and we aren't going any further than they take us.

+1

One thing I think you missed and might be the biggest thing of all. He's tough mentally in my opinion.

Agreed. However, as great as those 3 have been, this team is going to struggle if they have to carry 80% of the scoring every game. We really need our bigs to step up; a team that lacks a big inside presence is a team that will probably be at home in March.

Sorry Left's Lefty. You did say he was tough minded. I'm a little too excited about the win. My bad.

As Henry Lake says: "Yep"

Three guards with Ralph @ Damian ..... sounds good to me.

It's clear that Westbrook has a huge ego--but for the most part he backs it up by taking/making shots that most guys on this team can't handle.

He was a big part of the win today (despite a few "Westbrooky" type mishaps). Westbrook has definitely learned to share the ball better and is getting tougher on the defensive end of the ball.

Think it's time to put away the paddle...

No one with a small ego would pull what he did with the shot clock winding down. Brilliant!

Top Bottom