Gophers to hosts outstate visitor Sat.

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Gophers to host out of state visitor for Ohio State game if weather cooperates as his game for Friday has already been cancelled. Should be ok as it's just a quick trip up the "Creek" for this sharpshooter.

Chanse Creekmur for all of you that don't hang on every bit of recruiting info.

Aside from Iowa and Santa Clara who else was offering him?

Hard to remember but I think he originally committed to Santa Clara..thus recruiting slowed? Probably will get more looks now that he is open...

There are some pretty strong schools on that list. Don't we only have one spot open for next year that would go to Cory Joseph?

There are some pretty strong schools on that list. Don't we only have one spot open for next year that would go to Cory Joseph?

I have a hunch that MN is recruiting Chanse as a guy who would take Royce's spot should Royce not get things straightened out.

I have a hunch that MN is recruiting Chanse as a guy who would take Royce's spot should Royce not get things straightened out.

He certainly isn't a power forward but as far as a guy taking a roster spot maybe that's the case. He's a good defensive player, not as good of shooter like Blake was coming out of high school. He is a tough kid though and someone who I could see being a barn favorite!

He certainly isn't a power forward but as far as a guy taking a roster spot maybe that's the case. He's a good defensive player, not as good of shooter like Blake was coming out of high school. He is a tough kid though and someone who I could see being a barn favorite!

Technically, Royce has been considered a small forward by all of the recruiting services and he would definitely have played some SF for the Gophers if Trevor was also playing. Chanse is also a small forward, about the same height as Royce, obviously not nearly as strong or physically imposing. Blake isn't a good comparable to Creekmur, IMHO, as they have totally different skill sets. Chanse is much more long and athletic than Blake. Chanse is more like a Coble or Hummel type of guy -- sneaky good athlete, great BB IQ, can jump, can defend, with an above average jump shot with good range. Creekmur dropped 42 points on nine 3-pt baskets in a game just prior to Xmas. He also was an all-state QB for his high school team and led them to the championship game putting up huge numbers.

He might have a higher ceiling than most due to the time he spent playing other sports and not focusing on being a full-time basketball player. He's obviously a good athlete if he plays QB at a high level with 6'7 height. I agree that his recruitment is hopefully as a contingency plan based on the future to Royce White and the outcome of Cory Joseph.

What this team needs is a dose of Marshalltown, Iowa. Gulp.

Marshalltown sent that kid to USC a few years back. Adam Spanich. Had some big moments.

What this team needs is a dose of Marshalltown, Iowa. Gulp.

Marshalltown sent that kid to USC a few years back. Adam Spanich. Had some big moments.

Adam Spanich is from the same Cedar Rapids high school as Kurt Warner and golfer Zach Johnson. He did attend a Junior College in Marshalltown for one year.

USC did get a Marshalltown hometown kid, though. Baseball catcher Jeff Clement was from Marshalltown. He was a first round draft choice, but hasn't done much in the bigs.

There are two young high school players from Iowa right now that the Gophers have an eye on, too. Marcus Paige (class of 2012; has Gopher offer) of Marion and Peter Jok (Class of 2013) of Des Moines. Both are expected to be Top 50 kids in their respective classes, although it is early (obviously).

Good Talent Pool

States like Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin have very good talent pool of HS basketball players.

rules question ?

When is the next time period 2010 recruits can commit?

Great Game to see

What a great game for Chanse to see at the Barn today.

I hope he was impressed.

:clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom