Marcus Fuller: Kentucky won't let Darnell Dodson go to court in Feb

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

"I've heard that Kentucky won't let Mbakwe's former JC teammate Darnell Dodson go to court in February to testify. Maybe they don't need him?"

Go Gophers!!

I'm no lawyer but I would think for the trial that he would have to show up if he was called as a witness.

As a witness you don't have to show up but if your subpenoa(sp?) you have to otherwise you are fugitive and warrent can be issued.

Bad news. Kentucky would be much farther ahead if they work with the court and try to line up the testimony if when they go to play the University of Florida.

Not as though this is really too big of a deal at this point. I think it has been firmly established that mbakwe will be red shirting if he is innocent due to he slow justice system. Just going to have to wait and see.

wouldn't it be normal for a subpoena to be issued if a witness is refusing to show up?

Starting to look like this won't go to trial before March Madness. IMO

wouldn't it be normal for a subpoena to be issued if a witness is refusing to show up?

Either a subpoena or a bench warrant, depending on how angry the judge happens to be at the time.

Question...Since when does the University of Kentucky dictate to the courts of the State of Florida what it can and can't do?

I never said the University of Kentucky should dictate what Florida courts can or can't do. I simply said they should work with them for everyones benefit.

per this tweet:

"I've heard that Kentucky won't let Mbakwe's former JC teammate Darnell Dodson go to court in February to testify. Maybe they don't need him?"

Go Gophers!!

Boiler, this is what I was referring to..."... Kentucky won't let..."

I posted about this a couple of months ago but from what I understand Dodson doesn't want to testify. I don't know why that is (and I'd be hesitant to speculate on it) but that's what I was told by a person who works within the UKAA. There are some other factors that come into play (Dodson has been struggling with the adjustment to college life and got a brief suspension for missing tutoring sessions and skipping a class) but it's a silly notion that the University of Kentucky is somehow denying or "hiding" Dodson from the court. He can be served at any time and he's really not that hard to find.

And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Myron's "source" is Mbwake's attorney.

Maybe he just doesn't want to testify during the season because he doesn't want to miss any games or practice time.

HTML:
Maybe he just doesn't want to testify during the season because he doesn't want to miss any games or practice time.
HTML:

I'm sure Trevor has alot of sympathy for that and who cares what Dodson does or doesn't want to do, once the courts speak, he better listen and I know Coach Cal probably thinks he's above the law but this isn't the NCAA your cheating here.

HTML:
HTML:

That could definitely be it. He put himself in the doghouse early on with his lax approach to his academics.

I'm sure Trevor has alot of sympathy for that and who cares what Dodson does or doesn't want to do, once the courts speak, he better listen and I know Coach Cal probably thinks he's above the law but this isn't the NCAA your cheating here.

Yes, let's make this about Calipari and your opinion of him and Kentucky. It seems to me you're reaching for someone to blame in all this other than the accused and the slow moving wheels of justice. Dodson, to my knowledge, helps establish Trevor's alibi. If he's that important to the case and his testimony is needed why has no writ been issued to compel him to testify?

I may be wrong but I believe a State subpoena issued in Florida is only good in Florida for compelling someone to appear and testify. If it was a Federal subpoena for a federal case, then someone in Kentucky would be compelled to appear.

I may be wrong but I believe a State subpoena issued in Florida is only good in Florida for compelling someone to appear and testify. If it was a Federal subpoena for a federal case, then someone in Kentucky would be compelled to appear.

If/when Dodson travels to Gainesville for game against U of Florida, the state could serve the subpoena then. I'm not sure but that seems logical.

Isn't there some crazy SEC story from a year or so back when Phil Fulmer went to Birmingham AL for SEC media day he was served with a subpoena? I think it was in a civil case about recuiting, extra benefits, and a booster or something. I guess we all really know whats importent in the south.

Top Bottom