Trevor Delayed Again

Blizzard

Reaction score
88 01/07/2010 REPORT RE: TRIAL DATE SET FOR 02/08/2010 AT 09:00
87 01/07/2010 REPORT RE: STATUS SET FOR 02/08/2010 AT 09:00

Good

Not what I was hoping for but in any case - GOOD.

I'm not sure what you're thoughts are but I guess I would agree. Good because it will put to rest whether he could play this year. Good because, hopefully, we'll have him for two more years and other things I'm sure.

That has to be disheartening for him though.

Yeah, I was looking at this in a selfish manner. Inside presence for the Gophers, blah, blah, blah. It has to be difficult for him right now. Hope it all works out. Now about that laptop thing....

88 01/07/2010 REPORT RE: TRIAL DATE SET FOR 02/08/2010 AT 09:00
87 01/07/2010 REPORT RE: STATUS SET FOR 02/08/2010 AT 09:00

So I'm guessing these judges don't realize we have a baskeball game this Saturday....

Blizz

I'm not sure what you're thoughts are but I guess I would agree. Good because it will put to rest whether he could play this year. Good because, hopefully, we'll have him for two more years and other things I'm sure.

That has to be disheartening for him though.

I agree.

Good because he has a court date only weeks away. Naturally I was hoping it would be dropped but at least it wasnt a court date set in June. For Trevor's sake, and the victim, I think it best to get this thing settled.

If you think the delay is disheartening for Trevor, its much more disheartening to the victim who had her jaw broke warding off a possible rape attempt and has to endure this living nightmare. Since some of you seem to care more for Trevor than the victim, I'll stick up for the victim and say that she'd like to see this case get resolved.

Thanks for pointing this out HK. I think we often get caught up in the athletes in cases like this and forget that there is a victim involved. The fact that we hope Trevor is not guilty of this crime is obvious. Someone did commit this crime and regardless of when this ends I hope the real perpetrator (Trevor or not) pays for what allegedly happened.

Very Well Said

If you think the delay is disheartening for Trevor, its much more disheartening to the victim who had her jaw broke warding off a possible rape attempt and has to endure this living nightmare. Since some of you seem to care more for Trevor than the victim, I'll stick up for the victim and say that she'd like to see this case get resolved.

Completely agree. There are things much more important than getting a power forward on the basketball team. If he is guilty, throw the book at him and throw him out of school. If he is innocent, let's move on and welcome him as a valued member of the team.

Between the frustration of Royce White and TM's case, this has been a stressful year to be a Gopher fan.

Maybe this has been talked about, but could the inability of Darnell Dodson to testify be a move by Kentucky admin and coaching to screw over Tubby and eliminate competition for the year? As well as Memphis providing coach Matthew Dunn for testimony? Also, wouldn't the right to a "speedy trial" trump practice and competition for any alibis? Again, sorry if this has been brought up.

If Trevor is guilty, then yes, everyone should feel worse for the victim. If he's not guilty, and by that I mean not the court outcome necessarily but whether or not he truly did it, then I don't really feel worse for her. I have no tolerance for people accusing someone of a crime unless they are 100% sure.

No, it hasn't been brought up because it is the most

Maybe this has been talked about, but could the inability of Darnell Dodson to testify be a move by Kentucky admin and coaching to screw over Tubby and eliminate competition for the year? As well as Memphis providing coach Matthew Dunn for testimony? Also, wouldn't the right to a "speedy trial" trump practice and competition for any alibis? Again, sorry if this has been brought up.

idiotic, simple minded, embarassing idea I have read on this this board in a long time.

You have a mind the size of a prune. Idiot squared

If Trevor is guilty, then yes, everyone should feel worse for the victim. If he's not guilty, and by that I mean not the court outcome necessarily but whether or not he truly did it, then I don't really feel worse for her. I have no tolerance for people accusing someone of a crime unless they are 100% sure.

+1

Apparently Herman has already convicted Trevor. This from the police report:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officer meets with female victim in alleged attack at a Miami hospital. Woman claims that “a very tall black male” on a bicycle approached her and asked her if she was “[messed ] up,” as she approached her apartment.

Due to the attacker’s “extreme height,” the woman told police that she “Googled” Miami Dade’s basketball team and “immediately” identified Mbakwe via the team website. The woman told police she was “100 percent sure” Mbakwe attacked her.

Police officers created a 6-man photo lineup and the woman picked Mbakwe from that arrangement.

The woman described her attacker as approximately 6-6, 190 pounds. She said he was wearing a white shirt and black shorts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Trevor is 6'8" and goes about 240 lbs. Seems like this could be a case of mistaken identity. While I feel HORRIBLE for her assault, I would also feel horrible if Trevor has to go through this ordeal just because a VERY TALL BLACK man assaulted her.

But let's not convict Trevor before the case goes to trial. And if he is not the guy, should she be punished for potentially ruining the life of an innocent man because she picked him out of a Miami-Dade basketball team lineup? Something to ponder!

Originally Posted by HermanKillebrew

Picking who you stick up for seems irrelevant to the matter! If Trevor is presumed innocent, which I believe is the presumption he is entitled to until proven guilty, then disposition of his involvement in this matter does not help the victim if charges against him are dismissed. She will still have the horror to contend with as the true perpetrator is still at large. She is only granted some relief if he is found guilty! If Trevor is innocent, which he has adamantly maintained and there seems to be some basis for this belief, then it seems more than appropriate that the focus should be on righting the wrong for a person who is unjustly accused.

We "care" about this matter because we are fans of Gopher Basketball and Trevor's status as a potential player makes us interested. However, all of this is just speculation for those of us posting on this board whether we believe Trevor is guilty or innocent. In the end, our opinions in that regard don't really matter and we just have to wait and let the wheels of justice continue their slow turning.

The fact that its going to trial isn't good...if the prosecutors felt like they didn't have an easy conviction, it would have been dropped.

I'd say its time to face reality and forget this guy...if he does beat the rap, it puts Tubby in an awkward situation...best case scenario is he beats the rap and redshirts...but I'm not holding my breath.

And as Trevor has been likely wrongly accused how does he not become just as much of a victim?

I'll stick up for the victim and say that she'd like to see this case get resolved.

I'm sure she would and if she has wrongly accused Mbakwe what kind of recourse does he have? Nothing.

No one wins.

if he has to go through all this and she has disappeared or otherwise run off after putting the judge, trevor, and the rest through all this hassle,couldnt trevor at least sue back for court fees if not outright slander?

What if Trevor takes a plea bargain?

The circumstances of the case do not look good for him (fleeing the state the day after the encounter). In many instances a plea bargain to a lesser charge would occur and this might be in his best interest to avoid substantial jail time. I suspect a plea bargain and he would be dismissed immediately from the team. I agree with the earlier post that Trevor is in deep trouble here and I have no expectation he will ever play for UM. I am actually much more hopeful about Royce.

The circumstances of the case do not look good for him (fleeing the state the day after the encounter). In many instances a plea bargain to a lesser charge would occur and this might be in his best interest to avoid substantial jail time. I suspect a plea bargain and he would be dismissed immediately from the team. I agree with the earlier post that Trevor is in deep trouble here and I have no expectation he will ever play for UM. I am actually much more hopeful about Royce.

Shirley ( intentionally ) you can't be serious.

Looks like your mind is made up.

He's done.

At the frustration of even indulging this, based on what? And if it's fleeing the scene he was threatened and has the proof to back it up.

Top Bottom