Bostick

Reaction score
I know it would never happen, but I really like the idea of Bostick starting over Westbrook. I feel like his size, athleticism, and ability to get his own shot would help. He also isn't afraid to get inside and would cause more matchup problems. When Westbrook is at his best he is the best player, but that isn't very often. Maybe coming off the bench can create a spark when the offense does struggle.

What does everybody think, would replacing Hoff be a better solution? I know there are some anti-Bostick fans out there, but I think he has played well enough in the few minutes he's had since his suspension to bring up the issue.

I would like to see Bostick get more PT, but he'll never start over Westbrook. He is an opportunistic scorer and has helped out with rebounding. I wouldn't mind if he started taking some of Joseph's minutes at this point or if we used him as part of a small lineup to speed the game up.

I like Devron as the 4 in a smaller speed line-up, but I just don't think there's a lot of minutes for him on a team that goes 11 deep. And I haven't seen him play well enough this year to warrant getting a lot more minutes, although he is obviously just getting back into it after sitting out the start of the year.

I'm pumped about the way the kid has battled when he plays down low.

I don't like him starting over Westbook. As much as Westbook's game can be a bit frustrating to watch (at times), he is the only guy on our team who can get his own shot with any sort of regularity. I think a lineup with Nolen, Bostick, Johnson, and Iverson in the game would really struggle to score.

Wouldn't start him over Westbrook, but I don't mind him seeing him get more minutes as he gets acclimated since his suspension. I'd tend to agree with Maroon Shower; if he's going to take anyone's minutes, I'd lean toward Devoe. Hopefully Devoe will get going, but he's really struggling right now. At this point I like Cobbs as our primary back-up PG.

I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but this is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard on here. What have you been so impressed by? His 34% fg% and zero 3's made to Westbrook's 51% and 43% from 3 and Hoffarber's 53% and 49%. I know it's not just about stats or fg% but c'mon. What has Devron done to possibly deserve to start over Westbrook or Hoffarber? The only decent things I've seen are that he gets offensive rebounds but then he forces up a brick after and he's actually gotten a few steals. He also was one of our worst players last year and he got suspended. Then add in that we all know that Westbrook has an ego and would go crazy if he didn't start, and Hoffarber plays much better as a starter.

I know it would never happen, but I really like the idea of Bostick starting over Westbrook. I feel like his size, athleticism, and ability to get his own shot would help. He also isn't afraid to get inside and would cause more matchup problems. When Westbrook is at his best he is the best player, but that isn't very often. Maybe coming off the bench can create a spark when the offense does struggle.

What does everybody think, would replacing Hoff be a better solution? I know there are some anti-Bostick fans out there, but I think he has played well enough in the few minutes he's had since his suspension to bring up the issue.

I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but this is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard on here. What have you been so impressed by? His 34% fg% and zero 3's made to Westbrook's 51% and 43% from 3 and Hoffarber's 53% and 49%. I know it's not just about stats or fg% but c'mon. What has Devron done to possibly deserve to start over Westbrook or Hoffarber? The only decent things I've seen are that he gets offensive rebounds but then he forces up a brick after and he's actually gotten a few steals. He also was one of our worst players last year and he got suspended. Then add in that we all know that Westbrook has an ego and would go crazy if he didn't start, and Hoffarber plays much better as a starter.

I'm glad someone said this. I have no idea what everyone is so jacked up about with Bostick. What has he done to prove that he's more than a below average basketball player? Wow, it's amazing that four months ago we were all fantasizing about what the Gophers' line-up will look like with Mbakwe and White on the floor at the same time and now we are pushing for Devron Bostick to get more playing time...

Our standards have dropped so far. I still think we'll make the tournament, but if we don't get Royce back and playing significant minutes by the end of the year, I'll always think about what could have been this season. So far our offseason (before any legal troubles) was much more exciting than the actual season.

I'm glad someone said this. I have no idea what everyone is so jacked up about with Bostick. What has he done to prove that he's more than a below average basketball player? Wow, it's amazing that four months ago we were all fantasizing about what the Gophers' line-up will look like with Mbakwe and White on the floor at the same time and now we are pushing for Devron Bostick to get more playing time...

I don't agree with this at all...I think Bostick looks really slow out there and the only way he can get minutes is by playing down low and creating a miss-match since he obviously is struggling to find his stroke...

Top Bottom