Duke @ Iowa St ?

freshtrout

Reaction score
Interesting game, why would Duke schedule this? 8PM on ESPN 2....

Agreed. This is a no-win situation for Duke. Reminds me of the UNC misstep at C of C. This might be a Bad Idea Jeans commercial starring Coach K.

I know .... at Iowa St, bad weather, could be very good TV.

I'm more interested in the Kansas/Cornell game. I would love to see the Jayhawks get tested a little bit. Too bad it's not televised.

3 reasons.

1. Coach K loves to play in Chicago (his hometown). Over the past 20 years, I think Duke has played in Chicago 8 to 10 times.

2. Rewards senior Jon Scheyer with game in his home town.

3. Iowa State isn't a pushover from a major conference.

This is essentially a neutral court game in a city with team connections against a team that certainly won't hurt their RPI from a major conference

3 reasons.

1. Coach K loves to play in Chicago (his hometown). Over the past 20 years, I think Duke has played in Chicago 8 to 10 times.

2. Rewards senior Jon Scheyer with game in his home town.

3. Iowa State isn't a pushover from a major conference.

This is essentially a neutral court game in a city with team connections against a team that certainly won't hurt their RPI from a major conference

OK -- didn't know it was in Chicago...Just went by the TV listings, my bad.

Could have something to do with their previous recruitment of Harrison Barnes before he committed to UNC. I guess not too likely, but possible.

Iowa State

Have kinda' adopted the Cyclones as my second team, and I have to admit they've been a major disappointment this season. I thought they'd be a lot better. McDermott put together a solid nonconference schedule, but the Cyclones failed to win a single one of their 4 significant nonconference games. ... Cal, Duke, Northern Iowa or Northwestern. They'll have to put together a really good Big 12 season (won't be easy, I think the Big 12 is neck and neck with the Big East for the best league in the country) to even be considered, much like Michigan has to in the Big 10.

Going to see Iowa State v. Kansas

Buzz,
Chris and I just got our tix for the IS/Kansas game on the 23rd. Should be a fun atmosphere. Short roadtrip to see Big12 talent in person.

Top Bottom