Next 5 Games

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
In the Next 5 Games it is really important for the Gophers to go no worse than 3-2, preferably 4-1 Winning 4 out of 5 (requiring a home upset against Michigan State) would put them in pretty good shape (6-2) with 5 more home games remaining in B10 play. To me this is the most critical stretch of the season.

1/9 vs. OSU
1/13 @ Michigan State
1/17 @ Indiana
1/23 vs. Michigan State
1/26 vs. Northwestern

I predict

they will win two of the five

I do think we matchup a lot better against MSU than Purdue. Having Kramer on Purdue allows him to take Westbrook and/or Hoff out of the game completely. MSU doesn't have that. Neither Allen or Summers are close to the defender Kramer is. They are also not as long inside. We'll have an easier time finishing at the hoop than against Johnson and Hummel I think.

I don't know if that means we beat them but I think we have a shot in the Barn.

Certainly, we need to win the other 3 games.

I would be happy with 3-2. We absolutely need to beat Mich St or Purdue once to be off the bubble and I would agree that we matchup better with Mich St so maybe we should just shoot to win all of these games and see what happens.

3-2 is fine, as long as at least one of 'em is vs. Sparty.

3-2 with both of the losses to Sparty, really all we've done is hold serve. At some point the Gophers need to "break serve"; sooner is always better (and less stressful) than later.

Right. And they don't even need to do that much. If they win @ Indiana all they need to do is win their remaining home games for a trip to the dance. Then each successive road win gives them a little buffer at home vs. the Michigan States and Purdues of the world.

I would be happy with 3-2. We absolutely need to beat Mich St or Purdue once to be off the bubble and I would agree that we matchup better with Mich St so maybe we should just shoot to win all of these games and see what happens.

Disagree. We could lose all four games to Purdue and Mich St plus a couple more road games and still be 12-6. I still think 11 BT wins gets us in unless we totally flop in BTT. 12 BT wins gets us in for sure.

17-1 does sound better though. Just dreaming.

Top Bottom