Paul Carter

Drex96

Reaction score
Just wanted to piggy back on SGL's thread..

Paul Carter--what a nice game! :clap:

His play against Purdue has to be a huge boost to his confidence (and his team's confidence in him) despite the loss.

I agree Drex, Paul deserves his own thread for the way he played tonight. Carter was one of a few real bright spots for the Gophers and if he can continue the level of play he showed tonight, it would be a huge boost to the Gophers chances of finishing near the top of the Big Ten. I loved Carter's strong drive to the basket for and and 1. I also thought Bostick played one of his best games as a Gopher as well.

Great game from him. I wish he could do this on a more consistent basis. Maybe more PT and growing confidence will do the trick.

Ulmer

With Iverson out and Carter on the floor we seemed twice as athletic. I`m not so sure his consistency would`nt be just fine with a little more playing time. Doing what he did against Purdue bodes well.

I could see Carter eating up a lot of Iverson's minutes once Ralph gets back. If Ralph could just become an average rebounder I think we would definitely see this happen.

Paul was easily the most encouraging sign about last night. Nice to see it.

Gophers got beat by a better team last night. But after seeing how we hung around and competed for large stretches of the game, saw enough to lead me to believe we can beat the Boilers on our home floor, if we play well.

I could see Carter eating up a lot of Iverson's minutes once Ralph gets back. If Ralph could just become an average rebounder I think we would definitely see this happen.

Rebounding is about instinctive timing + aggression, if he doesn't have that now I don't see how he will become much better. How would Carter eat up Iverson's mins when they play together on the second line? If you have not noticed Carter subs in for Johnson, Iverson for Ralph.

I'm not certain Iverson's minutes are going to get eaten up by anyone one except Sampson, if that does happen. Iverson had to guard JJ who's one of the best players in the Big Ten. He's not going to come out of this looking like Dwight Howard. Eventually I think he's going to be okay.

How would Carter eat up Iverson's mins when they play together on the second line? If you have not noticed Carter subs in for Johnson, Iverson for Ralph.

Obviously that's the rotation now. Tubby could (should?) change the line-up.

+1

Carter sometimes looks like he needs to slow down a notch. Last night he looked smooth. It was escpecially nice to see him finish at the rim.

Top Bottom