Has Anyone Seen So Many In and Out 3s?

underground629

Reaction score
Probably not worthy of a thread but wow that second half was ridiculous. So many good looks that went half way down. Throw that on top of the horrible reffing. We aren't the better team nor did we deserve to win but it definitely should've been a much closer game with decent reffing and a few rolls.

Not to pile on, but something did seem weird about the way the ball clangs off the Purdue rim, both ways?

I took note of that as well. Our shots were on target a lot of the time, they just didn't drop.

I said this to myself at least four times which watching the game. The Gophers must have had at least six or seven 3's rim out tonight.

didn't seem like a 19 pt. loss

I was worried about our turnovers and rebounding before the game - but that really wan't bad at all. We just couldn't knock down any shots. The 2nd half we cut it to 8 and Joseph gets a wide open 3 and clanks it! I am liking Cobbs more and more.

Joseph gets a wide open 3 and clanks it!
He's shooting 32% from 3 on the year. That really has to improve if we're going to play top quality ball as a team.

Only have two bona fide 3-point threats at the guard (LW & BH) spot will be tough, especially when our bigs haven't stepped up nearly all year.

A lot of that was due to good defense which led to desperation shots because of the shot clock. It wasn't an excuse for the loss, just an observation. There were a number of good looks that were shot well and really seemed as if they should've gone in. Obviously that happens, but it seemed like an unusually large number tonight. Off the top of my head I remember Hoffarber, Westbrook, and Bostick taking 3s that went halfway down. I'd expect that to happen on Carter's or Joseph's flat shot, but those shots I'm referring to really looked as if they should've gone in.

terrible shot selection, no excuses.

Top Bottom