Purdue Fans

TheHofferette

Reaction score
anyone else find it ridiculous that the Purdue fans booed every foul or turnover against the Boilers?? we found it hysterical, lol...simmer down people.

OK, I've been to about a hundred Gopher basketball games at the Barn and Gopher fans boo just as much, if not more. Every home crowd boos. Come on. It's Indiana where basketball is king. The basketball IQ in that arena is one of the highest in the country much like hockey here in Minnesota.

anyone else find it ridiculous that the Purdue fans booed every foul or turnover against the Boilers?? we found it hysterical, lol...simmer down people.

I noticed that, too! Reminded me of Iowa fans back when they used to show up for games. Every time there was a loose ball scramble or a borderline play, they went crazy.

I was just happy that the old folks there tonight were making any noise at all. Although I did get a kick out of the old folks in the very front row of the usual Paint Crew section (wearing presumably passed out Paint Crew T-shirts) that couldn't figure out the free throw cheer.

Going nuts on a questionable over-and-back call with 1:53 left when you're up by 15 is a little over the top IMO, especially when you've (self-admittedly on the Purdue Rivals board) gotten a good chunk of the calls all night.

I found it weird he kept the starters in up 17 with 1:30 left. It's going to be a fun game here at the Barn...

Oh the basketball IQ thing was certainly not true around the fans where I was sitting in the 8th row behine the Purdue bench. From what I could tell (Spencer Tollackson also pointed this out on the radio I heard) Purdue fans cheer whenever anything goes right for their team and cheer when something goes wrong for the other team. They did not impress me. Cheering when Al Nolen misses free throws?? Come on...... The IU fans in Assembly hall impressed me more. The Purdue fans were definitely in love with their team, though I'll give them that. No student section at all like at the barn.

Most team defineatly chear when someone misses a free throw...nolen isn't above that...

Boiler Fans Are Huge Whiners

Yeah, Boilers are whiners about every call. I think they were highly encouraged to act this way by their former HC, Keady. He was the all time greatest whiner in B10 basketball history. It has become part of their DNA. What is humorous is the way the cry about calls that were not even close.

Gopher fans at the Barn boo and whine just as much as anybody. Like I've said before, I've been to several games at the Barn over the years, probably average 5 games a year the last 10-15 years, so that sample size is plenty large. Every home corwd boos. This holier than thou complex among Gopher fans is starting to get kinda funny.

That crowd was obnoxious. I've never noticed myself thinking that a crowd needed to stop whining so much until last night. I haven't seen more lopsided officiating in a long time. Add that to the fact that they were whining throughout the second half when they were up by like 15. Why are you on this board defending Purdue to everyone? We know Purdue is a better team and that we didn't deserve to win.

Gopher fans at the Barn boo and whine just as much as anybody. Like I've said before, I've been to several games at the Barn over the years, probably average 5 games a year the last 10-15 years, so that sample size is plenty large. Every home corwd boos. This holier than thou complex among Gopher fans is starting to get kinda funny.

I am going to make a comment every time the Minnesota crowd boos a call against them from here on out.

I was just happy that the old folks there tonight were making any noise at all. Although I did get a kick out of the old folks in the very front row of the usual Paint Crew section (wearing presumably passed out Paint Crew T-shirts) that couldn't figure out the free throw cheer.

Which is what, the ever-popular and creative Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Which is what, the ever-popular and creative Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I assume you're referring to when the other team is shooting, which isn't what I was talking about. That's not a cheer.

Top Bottom