The Refs Didn't lose this game for us, BUTTTT

jjgopher

Reaction score
But we never had a chance to win it because of them, if that makes sense

We did have a chance to win

But we never had a chance to win it because of them, if that makes sense

I did think Tubby would use a TO or two to keep the game from getting away.

Once again our pathetic halfcourt offense rears its ugly head. Its a huge flaw with this team, and when we go cold on shooting, then it looks even worse.

That said, I'd agree that the refs didn't do us any favors in the first half. More than anything, I can't stand the inconsistency and the anticipation whistles on fastbreaks.

When does PU come to Williams? I will be there packing heat. lol

I thought the Gopher's played a tough game even though they lost by 19 if that's possible. They seemed to be playing tough defense and created many fast break opportunities and seemed to rattle Purdue with their full court press. They also kept battling even though the outcome didn't seem in doubt most of the second half. Maybe I'm just a homer but, some of the non calls underneath the basket were ridiculous. I know that Purdue is long and can block shots but you've got to be kidding me on some of those. We definitely missed Sampson, more on offense than defense. Lavin made a great point that Sampson would have spread the floor for more open looks, unfortunately we couldn't hit the side of a barn tonight so it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Purdue is REALLY good!!!! However, I can't wait to see them in the Barn. If we shoot a bit better and get a few calls at home then we have a real legit shot at knocking them off. Bring on Ohio St!!!!!!!!!!!!

On an unrelated note...I was thinking about how good we might be over the next two years with Royce and Trevor (if everything works out for the two of them) and if we got Cory Joseph and I was getting goosebumps!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom