Memo to Al

1-10....way to go Al. Why he would ever lead this team in shots taken is beyond comprehension.

I feel like his open looks weren't the worst decisions given our other shooters were basically wearing the Purdue defenders (Hoffarber).

That being said I think Al learned tonight that driving and putting up weenie floaters isn't going to work against "real" Big 10 opponents.

1-10....way to go Al. Why he would ever lead this team in shots taken is beyond comprehension.

Al is going to win a lot of games for the Gophers this year. The same people that hate that he was driving and shooting a lot tonight loved it when he dropped 20 doing the same thing last year against Louisville. He made some mistakes tonight and probably should have been looking to dish off the drive more. But we should be thankful for Al as he is no doubt one of the best defenders in the nation. There were a lot of guys that missed open looks from the 3pt line. The loss isn't Al's fault even though he didn't have his best night.

Al should never lead us in shots taken but he wasn't the problem, Damien was invisible the first 3/4 of the game and Devoe didn't score.

If you think Damien was the problem you obviously didn't watch the game. He was consistent on defense all game long. He still shot 45%, 12 points 7 boards, and had more steals and an equal amount of assists as Nolen. Tubby's offensives succeed with good big men and good point guards. Seeing as Iverson and Nolen decided to take the night off with a combined 2-15 shooting, the result didn't surprise me.

Nolen forced it at times but he had no where to go with it most of the time. Others couldn't even get open without the ball. There's not alot you are going to be able to do with it.

Al is going to win a lot of games for the Gophers this year. The same people that hate that he was driving and shooting a lot tonight loved it when he dropped 20 doing the same thing last year against Louisville. He made some mistakes tonight and probably should have been looking to dish off the drive more. But we should be thankful for Al as he is no doubt one of the best defenders in the nation. There were a lot of guys that missed open looks from the 3pt line. The loss isn't Al's fault even though he didn't have his best night.

I'd pretty much agree to that. Last year at home against Purdue, the only reason we were even in the game was because he continually drove to the basket, got to the line, and made free throws. He did it time and again. Unfortunately, in the Big Ten, what works at home is forbidden on the road.

But my God, he does need to start finishing at the basket. Some of his layups are bad, but he misses half of the ones he should make as well.

Starting 5

The benched saved them the first half the starting 5 stunk. Damian Johnson struggled if you watched the game.. All his points were in garbage time and he must of got his shot waddled 4-5 times... Top 4 scorers did nothing when it mattered...

Al Nolen against good teams struggles he is an offensive liability he cant finish at the hoop and he makes 1 out of 2 throws every time..

Top Bottom