Thank you Big Ten Refs

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
for ruining another Big Ten game. One time down it's anything goes, then the next its every little contact is a foul, except Kramer, who can be as physical as he wants. MN gets the lead and gets sloppy and takes some stupid shots but basically every call since it was 24-20 has been Purdues way and some of them just unbelievable calls, well thats not true since Eddie Hightowner is doing the game.

Is it possible to give Purdue any more calls? Any more we're going to need a Donaghy investigation in here.

Haven't seen such a lopsided half of calls in a long time....

I haven't really seen much contact from Kramer, but I'll chalk that comment up to his reputation. Purdue has gotten away with a bit more.

yup

yup, not sure which bonehead called it but Hoff had to ride the pines because he "brushed" a guy 25 feet from the hoop. that was laughable.
:mad:

Big Ten basketball is brutal to watch sometimes. The refs ruin the flow of the game and get caught up in the crowd. I am a 100% believer that the NBA is rigged and I have my suspicions about other sports but watching a half like that really makes me wonder...

Big Ten basketball is brutal to watch sometimes. The refs ruin the flow of the game and get caught up in the crowd. I am a 100% believer that the NBA is rigged and I have my suspicions about other sports but watching a half like that really makes me wonder...
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not get carried away - even the worst officiated college game is ten times better than the joke that has become NBA basketball :p

That was the worst reffed first half I have seen in a loooong time.

F You BT, Hightower, et al. What a complete joke.

Yep, this is all the refs fault. Minnesota should take little responsibility for losing the lead! Unreal! It's so easy to just blame it on the refs. Have you thought, maybe, just maybe, Purdue has better players than the Gophers?

for ruining another Big Ten game. One time down it's anything goes, then the next its every little contact is a foul, except Kramer, who can be as physical as he wants. MN gets the lead and gets sloppy and takes some stupid shots but basically every call since it was 24-20 has been Purdues way and some of them just unbelievable calls, well thats not true since Eddie Hightowner is doing the game.

Agreed.

Anyone else like those pushoffs?? *cough Kramer and Hummel cough*

Questionable call, we get called for the charge.

Questionable call, we get called for blocking.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I can handle the home team getting 90% of the balls out of bounce and every quesionable charge/block call, but what we're seeing tonight is ridiculous. As bad as any game I've seen in the Kohl Center.

Yep, this is all the refs fault. Minnesota should take little responsibility for losing the lead! Unreal! It's so easy to just blame it on the refs. Have you thought, maybe, just maybe, Purdue has better players than the Gophers?

BGF...May I suggest something? Change your moniker to LittleGopherNonfan. :(

Actually I kind of like the way the Gophers are matching up with the Boilermakers so far in the first half.

Got that right Dr. Don. Even the announcers agreed those were two questionable calls.

That BS call on the Westbrook "carry" was epic, and it was a momentum killer at 24-20. It only got worse from there. Embarrassing, especially Hightower. They are having an impact on this game.

That BS call on the Westbrook "carry" was epic, and it was a momentum killer at 24-20. It only got worse from there. Embarrassing, especially Hightower. They are having an impact on this game.
Hightower just wants to dance. Who can blame him?

I don't like putting things on the refs and try to remain objective when considering officiating. But are you watching this game? I've been throwing stuff all around my house. This is pathetic.

Actually I kind of like the way the Gophers are matching up with the Boilermakers so far in the first half.

I like Minnesota's energy and they tallied some opportunistic buckets, but Purdue simply has better players. It's pretty easy to see. If Minnesota wins, they'll do it with energy and grit, not by simply being more talented.

I don't like putting things on the refs and try to remain objective when considering officiating. But are you watching this game? I've been throwing stuff all around my house. This is pathetic.

Calm down. If you are throwing things around your house because of a game, you might want to re-arrange your priorities.

this game is no different than the majority of Big Ten games every year. We get plenty of call's at home as do the rest of the teams in the conference and that's part of home court advantage and most everyone can accept that, but Big Ten Refs are so brutally inconsistant with letting play go and then all of a sudden calling every little contact and I really don't think these guys have any clue what a charge and a block are. It reallys makes it hard to watch and I'm not just talking about our games because they do it all the time. Purdue is better than we are and at home they should beat us but let them earn it, not hand it too them like they did those last five minutes.

Ease up a bit guys - lets not make any excuses

this game is no different than the majority of Big Ten games every year. We get plenty of call's at home as do the rest of the teams in the conference and that's part of home court advantage and most everyone can accept that, but Big Ten Refs are so brutally inconsistant with letting play go and then all of a sudden calling every little contact and I really don't think these guys have any clue what a charge and a block are. It reallys makes it hard to watch and I'm not just talking about our games because they do it all the time. Purdue is better than we are and at home they should beat us but let them earn it, not hand it too them like they did those last five minutes.

Go out and win the game.

Calm down. If you are throwing things around your house because of a game, you might want to re-arrange your priorities.

Thanks for the advice bud. If I only had more a-holes like you around, maybe I could get my life turned around.

Because you don't understand reality. Reality is, refs can and do control games and their outcomes.

Other conferences don't cater to the home team nearly as much as the Big 10. It's very frustrating. I'd rather they just start every game with the home team up 6-0 and call it even. It'd be the same difference.

Purdue definately has gone out and earned it this half, we will never know what would of happenned had those last five min been called different, but the Gophers aren't going to win many games when Devoe and Damien go scoreless for 3/4 of a game. The refs didn't cost us this game but my big problem is BT refs have way to much influence on alot of games and it is really hard to watch

I think the reffing in the second half has almost as been as bad against Purdue as it was in the first against the Gophers.

I would agree that the reffing has been poor in favor of Minnesota in the second half but that last call on Carter was absolutely BS! Kramer ran into him full speed when he was set. Just swallow the whistles and let them play.

This is embarassing to watch...either swallow your whistle or call everything

Top Bottom