Minnesota/Purdue game chat

gophersfan

Reaction score
i will be chatting tonight when the game start. let have a good crowd in there.

not a good first possession either way...

edit... although a great shot by hummel

I'm nervous about having our "2nd line" in, hopefully some of the young guys deliver

nvm good start

So far, so good... just stay close, and have a chance at the end of the game..

refs

considering some of the contact being ignored the refs have called some pretty weak ticky yack fouls...

I like what I see now... The Gophers I think are going to be lucky they have great depth, not going to get any calls today

Great point by Lav (I think). Minnesota withstood that initial Purdue surge. The Gophers don't look intimidated. Carter looking great. IT'S EARLY THOUGH....

Colton Iverson is not a good basketball player! He's so weak and his hands are like rocks.

Carter has done a great job against J. Johnson and I like the energy Bostick has given them. The Hightower show continues.

We are really struggling finishing at the rim and man they let people play under the basket and then come up with these phantom calls

Can someone tell me why Tubby just yanks Johnson with four and a half minutes on the clock? That's the most important time of the half, right? Yikes, this isn't looking good! But all we can ask for is a good effort. We're Gophers fans, remember? Not getting blown out would be like a victory for us. We shouldn't expect to win this game, at least not this season.

Wow, just did some basic research and discovered that Purdue has ZERO 5-star recruits on the roster and five 4-star guys. That's less than Minnesota! Interesting...

Oh; didn't blame it on the refs, sorry "buddy" just saying that there seems to be fouls and no calls and then out of nowhere a whistle...not even saying its one sided

This one was all Kramer, but how many times did teams hit buzzer beaters at the half against us last year? At least 6 IIRC. Very frustrating.

I'm okay with that half, I am only worried about how we come out in the second half, I would like to see us pull even as soon as possible. Colton, according to espn has 0 fouls so that is the biggest plus I think going into the second half.

The Gophers look like they belong in the game, and Colton doesnt have to worry about fouls and can play free

What are peoples thoughts on Williams? He doesn't look as overwhelmed against the pressure that I feared he might be...looks ok in my opinion and will only get better as he gets stronger obviously.

I like him, the only thing I think is he isn't playing as aggressive as I would like, I think he is a guy that needs to fly around. That will probably take time and strength. I do however, think he can make a very big contribution on this team right now if he gets after it.

Damn. We tried. Hopefully it's not going to be a 25-point blowout or something. Just stay respectful...please???

Top Bottom