SH and D1 Hoops

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
There is noise on the football board that Henderson considers the Gophers because Tubby will let him play hoops as well. Is SH D1 talent in basketball?

He would help.....

gotta believe they could find a role for him. He would help tonight against Purdue!

I can see it now...SH played the role of bowling ball, mowed down the entire Purdue team like bowling pins so Westbrook got the layup.

It's fun to think about because no one could match his size in the Big10 but in a few years the kid could be a multi millionaire playing football. Why screw around with basketball?

He's definitely good enough to be a walk on IMO. I think he'd be great to practice against too so our players could get used to playing more physical in the post. I would like to see him matched up against Dexter Pittman.

SH would dominate Ralph in the post.

One would think he could set one heck of a screen. And he's a long way to dribble around, so that would help with post defense. Must be hard to back him down if he doesn't want to move. I'm all for it.

Seantrel is a very good h.s. player because he's taller than most kids and stronger than all kids. He would have a very difficult time in high major college basketball.

SH is a amazing athlete for his size. But that doesn't mean he can be a college basketball player in a major conference. He doesn't play above the rim at all. I just can't envision a scenario where he would be a difference maker for the Gophers.

Besides the fact he loves basketball (which I understand is a big deal) there is no conceivable reason for him to play hoops.

It's been reported that basketball is his favorite sport, but he clearly realizes that FB is the route to go. If allowing him to play BB gets him to sign here, I'm all for it!!

It's been reported that basketball is his favorite sport, but he clearly realizes that FB is the route to go. If allowing him to play BB gets him to sign here, I'm all for it!!

Check out The Blind Side. Basketball is Michael Oher's favorite sport and he's actually very good at it (suprisingly quick on his feet). He played ZERO college basketball at Mississippi. It is not an option for a football talent like SH, especially if they are considering starting year one.

Tubby Played 6-7 Football Player Larry Johnson At UGa

I think he even started (at least) some games.

Never seen this guy or know of him, but this thread makes me think of Glen "Baby" Davis now of the Boston Celtics. I don't think his feet ever got far off the ground in college, but he takes up a lot of space!

It's funny, Seantrel actually graded an 88 on ESPN, which is usually D1 worthy. Not sure what kind of impact he'd have coming off football and stuff though. Being a big guy is different than, say, Bryant Allen, who is trying to be a PG, who usually needs to run things. Seantrel could just be a big body in there to play some D and get rebounds and be an intimidating force in the lane.

Yeah, it isn't possible for him to play basketball. Just like Julius Peppers couldn't play for Carolina. Minnesota has had some pretty good football players that also played basketball. Bud Grant, among others. Yeah, I know,that was then...

It really isn't that odd that players would consider playing both sports. Bryant Allen is trying to do it. Julius Peppers and Tony Gonzales did it (when they were obviously NFL caliber football players).

Henderson would definitely help off the bench in the Big 10. I don't think he would give us a whole lot less than Iverson. Colton is a better defensive player, but Seantrel is more athletic, has better hands and could get up and down the court as good if not better than Iverson. I'm not saying he would come here and set the world on fire, but he could rebound and be a presense in the post. Marquette and Miami were looking at Henderson in basketball before it became apparent that football was his bread and butter.

Check out The Blind Side. Basketball is Michael Oher's favorite sport and he's actually very good at it (suprisingly quick on his feet). He played ZERO college basketball at Mississippi. It is not an option for a football talent like SH, especially if they are considering starting year one.

Not saying Henderson can play Div 1, however he is 6'8'' and Oher is 6'4'' according to his stats from the combine.

Top Bottom