Cooper vs. Benilde-SM Tuesday on MSBN; former Gopher as Color Anaylist

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
If the Gopher-Purdue game tomorrow night does not provide you with enough great basketball on Tuesday night, tune in to the Minnesota Sports Broadcast Network at 7:15 pm, as two of the top teams in the state of Minnesota battle on the hardwood. The Robbinsdale Cooper Hawks (6-0, #7-AAAA) head to St. Louis Park to take on the Benilde-St. Margaret's Red Knights (5-1, #2-AAA) in a match-up of two teams that likely will be among the favorites in their respective classes come tournament time.

Robbinsdale Cooper has already defeated the likes of Henry Sibley (76-45), Minnetonka (86-81), and crosstown rival Robbinsdale Armstrong (63-55), while the Red Knights have knocked off Saint Thomas Academy (83-58) and Robbinsdale Armstrong (79-77), while losing their only game of the season to Minnetonka (71-70).

Also, MSBN is also excited to announce that a former Golden Gopher will be providing the color commentary of Tuesday night's game, as two-time All-Big Ten Forward Clyde Turner will be assisting with the broadcasting duties throughout the season for the network. Turner, who averaged 18.4 points per game and 6.2 rebounds per game in two years as a Gopher during the 1971-1972 and 1972-1973 seasons, is one of two former Golden Gophers who will be assisting with basketball broadcasts for MSBN, with the other being announced at a later date.

To read Clyde Turner's "Where are they Now" GopherHole Article, click HERE

To Listen to Tuesday's Robbinsdale Cooper - Benilde-St. Margaret's Game, Click HERE

Sounds like a great game, thanks for the heads up! I wish it wasn't at the same time as the Purdue game :(

Benilde is very good. Also would be interesting to get a live report on Godfrey from Cooper...

I broadcast the Benilde - STA game a few weeks ago, and they were as good as any team I've seen around. It will be interesting to see how they play tonight as opposed to what I saw the first time; also, I'm surprised at Cooper's start, and haven't seen them yet this season, so I'm looking forward to it tonight.

I helped Tony Geer with the Benilde-Holy Angels broadcast a couple weeks ago ... have a man-crush on I. Zierdan. Came away impressed, like you alltimetwinsfan, with Benilde.

HS Box Scores

No box score for for Cooper/Benilde game in Strib but there was an article. GL Hoops Link shows Calvin Godfrey with 23 pts and 14 rbs.

In pouring over HS box scores in Strib over coffee this AM I see Boston College bound Kevin Noreen had 47 for MN Transitions last night.

Top Bottom