RALPH SAMPSON'S INJURY

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
How serious is it? Is he going to play against Purdue? Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks.

No idea here, Madtown. I only know that Tubby will NOT jepordize a player's health to bring Ralph back before he is ready, willing, and able.

For what it's worth, in the post-game after the Iowa game Tubby talked about it like it wasn't that serious. Led me to believe Ralph will be back vs. the Boilers.

Marcus just tweeted this:

"Big man Ralph Sampson III didn't practice today. He's likely to miss Purdue game tomw."

Go Gophers!!

Would be great to have RSIII back for Purdue. I think we really need two big bodies in the lineup to defend against Jajuan Johson. They don't have to play at the same time, but if one gets in foul trouble we're screwed.

I think we're really going to have to be hitting our threes to stay close in this one regardless of having RSIII, but would definitely be nice to have him!

I have no idea how serious the injury is but ankle injuries can linger. I think it's more important to have him up to speed Sat vs Ohio St.

"I think it's more important to have him up to speed Sat vs Ohio St."

Agree 100%. Winning tomorrow night would be a bonus. If there's any doubt at all about his ankle, let's give it our best shot at Purdue w/o Ralph & see what happens. Bottom line is we get 2nd crack at Purdue later on.

Absent a victory tomorrow night, winning at home Saturday vs. Ohio State (without Turner) is an absolute must.

Top Bottom